Sign in to follow this  
KnightFlyer

No VSpeeds on PFD

I am able to have the FMS calculate vspeeds and QRH is on. However, the Vspeeds will not post to the PFD and thus I can't get VNAV to function

You didn't mention if you are confirming the V speeds after the calculation is performed 

By confirming, you mean clicking on the right side LSKs to paste them in correct? If so then yes that's what I'm doing

Hi,

Can you post screenshots of the PFD, ND and the takeoff performance page of the CDU?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

4 hours ago, KnightFlyer said:

I am able to have the FMS calculate vspeeds and QRH is on. However, the Vspeeds will not post to the PFD and thus I can't get VNAV to function

I'm not sure if the NGX has it but if I remember correctly in the 747 you can turn on or off which v-speeds are shown on the pdf (maybe it's only v2 I can't remember). 

21 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Can you post screenshots of the PFD, ND and the takeoff performance page of the CDU?

eCNblrt.jpg

Can you also post the PERF INIT page? It's also hard to tell, but that EXEC light may be illuminated. What happens if you press EXEC at this point?

I find that if I start from default start state, select the position, departure and departure runway, setup the performance page then the V speeds will appear.  There is no need to setup a flightplan.  Are your V speeds calculated by the FMS or did you enter them?  If the runway is too short for the V speed calculation then the speeds will not be automatically generated and even if you enter v speeds manually and the aircraft knows the runway is too short your entered speeds will be shown on the PFD.  I cannot reproduce what I am seeing; therefore, I do not have enough information to reproduce the problem.  Please be more specific.  How are you starting? Are you using a default panel state?  What specific steps do you take from the time you start preflighting the FMS to entering the V Speeds?

Dan Downs KCRP

20 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

Can you also post the PERF INIT page? It's also hard to tell, but that EXEC light may be illuminated. What happens if you press EXEC at this point?

Nothing happens to EXEC and in fact it does not light up when the data is posted. Also, my Perf INIT has all values filled in save for "Reserves". I can post it in a bit.

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

I find that if I start from default start state, select the position, departure and departure runway, setup the performance page then the V speeds will appear.  There is no need to setup a flightplan.  Are your V speeds calculated by the FMS or did you enter them?  If the runway is too short for the V speed calculation then the speeds will not be automatically generated and even if you enter v speeds manually and the aircraft knows the runway is too short your entered speeds will be shown on the PFD.  I cannot reproduce what I am seeing; therefore, I do not have enough information to reproduce the problem.  Please be more specific.  How are you starting? Are you using a default panel state?  What specific steps do you take from the time you start preflighting the FMS to entering the V Speeds?

Calculated by the FMS. I'm using the NGX Short state. I go into Init Ref to check. I then set up my Route, then Dep/Arr, then the Perf Init Page. I fill out everything save for the "Reserves" section. 

Just to clear a doubt, your IRS are aligned? I guess yes seeing the heading indication on both the PFD and ND but as I didn't fly the NGX for a long time I don't remember exactly.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:06 AM, KnightFlyer said:

had  this  issue  awhile  back  you need  to  press Lsk1  on  the zfw   page

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

had  this  issue  awhile  back  you need  to  press Lsk1  on  the zfw   page

you mean on the Perf Init page? If so the ZFW was already entered

• Like 1