Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Nullarbor National Park, Australia!

...gorgeous cliffs, and this is where Australians come to view whales... :)  I can see why!

Left-Click once on picture to medium view, and then left click once more to full screen....

Going to have a blast exploring Nullarbor National Park, South Australia

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nullabor+National+Park&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:{referrer:source?}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gfe_rd=cr&ei=PCltWa3eCvTj8Aff3YbAAQ&gws_rd=ssl&safe=vss

Cessna_172_SP_40.png

Cessna_172_SP_41.png

Cessna_172_SP_37.png

Cessna_172_SP_33.png

Cessna_172_SP_34.png

Cessna_172_SP_35.png

Cessna_172_SP_31.png

Cessna_172_SP_25.png

Cessna_172_SP_26.png

Cessna_172_SP_27.png

Cessna_172_SP_28.png

Cessna_172_SP_29.png

Cessna_172_SP_30.png

• Upvote 2

Nice, was BI the data source?  Given that Australia is such a big continent, are you just doing the coasts?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I tried a few sources for the Queensland coast, but most of them had clouds or colour banding that was quite severe. It seems the further north you go, the worst it gets. Overall, Arc seems the best, but Cairns is a bit of a mess.

I also tried the iconic Uluru area, and that works well with the Arc source, but once outside of the national park, it starts to get messy as well.

10 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Nice, was BI the data source?  Given that Australia is such a big continent, are you just doing the coasts?

Yep...that was BI.   

Like Tony stated, I did the whole Gold Coast, but didn't like the  result.  I don't think (sadly) that there is any one good sat source for Aussie.

I deleted the whole shebang, but kept this section.  Great rugged visuals...and BI actually did a good job on this coastline.  Good detail here at zl17.

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

I tried a few sources for the Queensland coast, but most of them had clouds or colour banding that was quite severe. It seems the further north you go, the worst it gets. Overall, Arc seems the best, but Cairns is a bit of a mess.

I also tried the iconic Uluru area, and that works well with the Arc source, but once outside of the national park, it starts to get messy as well.

I agree. Aussie was rather disappointing in output.  I had about 50 tiles...but just ended up deleting them. Kept this coast and National Park, though. It came out the best...miles up, and down the coast. Clear detail, and I love cliffs that overlook the sea.

13 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I agree. Aussie was rather disappointing in output.  I had about 50 tiles...but just ended up deleting them. Kept this coast and National Park, though. It came out the best...miles up, and down the coast. Clear detail, and I love cliffs that overlook the sea.

So New South Wales, down to Adelaide and up until Brisbane is ok with Arc or BI ? I am not surprise that details are lacking in higher north though, much less populated.  Cairns was a surprise, I would have thought there will be good data, since that is a popular area for vacationers. What about Western side (Perth?)

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

20 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

So New South Wales, down to Adelaide and up until Brisbane is ok with Arc or BI ? I am not surprise that details are lacking in higher north though, much less populated.  Cairns was a surprise, I would have thought there will be good data, since that is a popular area for vacationers. What about Western side (Perth?)

I am using BI for the southern coasts.  BI was not too great on the Gold Coast.  

I might try ARC tonight on a few airports that I also have covered with ORBX in P3D.  Curiosity is deadly....:) If I get good and acceptable output...I'll certainly post a few shots on a new thread.

I'm cutting the following right now...should be ready in about 4 hours or so: If they turn out, to standards, then I'll ARC the entire Gold Coast.

Untitled.jpg

On 7/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

I might try ARC tonight on a few airports that I also have covered with ORBX in P3D.  Curiosity is deadly....:) If I get good and acceptable output...I'll certainly post a few shots on a new thread.

Looking forward to your results.  Since my system takes twice as long to generate a tile, your result will help me determine if it's worth while.  Thx

Vu Pham

For some reason the satellite imagery got done in the summer months in Australia....anywhere above Gold Coast and you will have clouds due to humidity and moisture ever-present.

If the imagery got done in winter, it would be a different story...I too have tried to map the area to no avail. We are working on Brisbane Int airport with some friends and trying to get some surrounding features to add is very difficult.