Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How many "simmers" are Drone enthusiasts?

I was sitting outside my house the other day and a car drove by on the road in front of my house and I picked up the biggest rock I could throw and threw it right at that noisy thing. The passenger even had the audacity to look at my house.

I was at the beach listen to music and a plane of all things flew over head. What are the chances of that? Who's ever heard or seen a plane fly over them? It was up there but I could still hear it. I must of seen another 20 that day...just crazy. If I had a rocket launcher I would use it.

Was at a theme park and noticed a person take a video of their family who was in front of me. I ran up and grabbed their phone and smashed it to the ground. That thing didnt make any noise or have any lights...he was total stealth and he almost got away with having footage of me walking...no way Jose was that going to happen.

Just wait until a drone takes out a plane and people die. Its just a matter of time, just like how people kill each other driving drunk. Cars just need to be banned. Cant regulate them enough and whats stopping some one without a drivers license from getting in a car and driving it. Just ban them.

Soooo I'm a part 107 Pilot and the above is just how silly most of the post in this thread sound to me. Not the posters but the post. Drones are here. They might surge in a fad and then fade in use but they are here. You will get use to them just like you have with planes flying over head. You will realize that anything can be weaponized and perverts will use stealthy things like telephoto lens and small quiet recording devices to be scum. Not something that says they are coming like 4 weedwackers with lights attached uncamoed on a blue sky.

When someone says they are going to shoot it out of the sky, to me they might as well say they are going to go throw rocks at cars that drive on the road in front of their house. So now that all that has been said. Nice show reel Howard. I've flown for 3 movies, a few documentaries, ads, and currently working with NOVA on a deer tick program. I had a show reel a long time ago but it is two years old now and even then some of it was from days of the P1.

• Upvote 1