Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Get ready for Tasmania! YDPO Devonport....here come the shots...

...am going to post as I rotate and fly over wicked Tasmania!  Maybe we'll see a Devil or three...:)

The whole island-country is now in the bag...and so will be thousands of square miles to tour...:)

Life is good!

Ses

Cessna_172_SP_3.png

Cessna_172_SP_4.png

Here's two quick rotation shots out of of YMLT...Tasmania has great and varied topography...beautiful mountains, nestled valleys...will be a pleasure to rubber-neck over... :)

Later...

Cessna_172_SP_31.png

Cessna_172_SP_32.png

Cessna_172_SP_28.png

Cessna_172_SP_29.png

• Upvote 1

Very nice!!!  Which YMLT scenery is that?

17 minutes ago, WR269 said:

Very nice!!!  Which YMLT scenery is that?

I'll have to search my Custom Scenery Folder, and spot it for you. I put a ton of custom airports for Tasmania, and Australia, in over the years...but now, with Orhto in command, am really enjoying them!

Ses

16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I'll have to search my Custom Scenery Folder, and spot it for you. I put a ton of custom airports for Tasmania, and Australia, in over the years...but now, with Orhto in command, am really enjoying them!

Ses

No problem....the reason I asked is because that looks like the old terminal....there is a newer scenery for YMLT, by CDG...it has the latest additions to the airport and it is up to date. Try it out....if you are using the VOZ package, you may need to remove a few airports as it intereferes....I managed to remove YMLT, YSCB and YBCG from it...now I have the best of both worlds.

Glad you are enjoying Tassie, my home state!

Can you advise the source of the ortho images and a download link?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Cameron

10 hours ago, bowingic said:

Glad you are enjoying Tassie, my home state!

Can you advise the source of the ortho images and a download link?

Thanks

Ian

Ian, is it a state, or country?!?  Not up on it :(

Ortho4XP (self generated) BI(ng) as the Sat Source zl17/19/2

Total landmass... and yes...very beautiful to fly over...varied topography, having a blast!

Mitch

11 hours ago, WR269 said:

No problem....the reason I asked is because that looks like the old terminal....there is a newer scenery for YMLT, by CDG...it has the latest additions to the airport and it is up to date. Try it out....if you are using the VOZ package, you may need to remove a few airports as it intereferes....I managed to remove YMLT, YSCB and YBCG from it...now I have the best of both worlds.

Just installed it off of the .org. Thanks! :)

Cessna_172_SP_33.png

"Oh man...look at those mountains, baby!  First real long flight of Tasmania exploration..."

Wow...again, look at those mountains that this Cessna will be soon buzzing...!

Cessna_172_SP_34.png

Cessna_172_SP_35.png

Cessna_172_SP_36.png

"Oh look...just down there below the right wing....why...it's a Tasmanian Devil!"

"....actually, just looking closer...it only my mother-in-law..."

Disregard....

Ses

Cessna_172_SP_64.png

Cessna_172_SP_61.png

• Upvote 1

Hi Mitch

Tasmania is the only island state of Australia. Australia has 6 states and one Territory (Northern Territory). We Tasmanians generally refer to the main Australian continent as the "mainland" .

Whilst on your Tassie tour you might like to visit the South West part which is a World Heritage area. You will see Lake Peddar which was originally a unique inland lake with white sandy beaches and controversially dammed and flooded for hydro power development in the 1960's. Also nearby Mt Anne and further SSE Federation peak.

I have flown a real C172 on a route Hobart-Mt Anne-Lake Peddar-Federation Peak and then coastal to Hobart passing Bruny Island. Its a nice flight.

Thanks for the info

Ian 

Ian Cameron

7 hours ago, bowingic said:

Hi Mitch

Tasmania is the only island state of Australia. Australia has 6 states and one Territory (Northern Territory). We Tasmanians generally refer to the main Australian continent as the "mainland" .

Whilst on your Tassie tour you might like to visit the South West part which is a World Heritage area. You will see Lake Peddar which was originally a unique inland lake with white sandy beaches and controversially dammed and flooded for hydro power development in the 1960's. Also nearby Mt Anne and further SSE Federation peak.

I have flown a real C172 on a route Hobart-Mt Anne-Lake Peddar-Federation Peak and then coastal to Hobart passing Bruny Island. Its a nice flight.

Thanks for the info

Ian 

Thanks for all that, Ian...and will do! :)

BTW, like here, in the U.S.A., does each state have its own State Legislature and governing body, and the boundaries of each Australian state,  is sovereign?

Mitch