Sign in to follow this  
jeansy

updates and is the 600/700 out?

Sorry Guys Im must be having a blonde moment but nearly every few days I get a notice of a update across the boards  to uninstall reload then re install the 3 products for v4

however the latest one for the 737 says

PRODUCT:

PMDG 737-8900 NGX Base Package

PMDG 737-6700 NGX Expansion Package

Prepar3D v4

Version: v1.20.8396

Note: Change lists below comprise items tracked within our internal bug monitoring system and do not reflect new items added to the software or items that were discovered during testing but not logged into the item tracking system.

CHANGE LOG Update v1.20.8396 - VARIOUS: Efficiencies and stability improvements. - VARIOUS: Installer corrections to improve product stability.

CHANGE LOG RTM 1.20.8389 - 0000000: Initial compatibility release for Prepar3D v4. - VARIOUS: Two years of accumulated minor changes from Prepar3D v3 versions since previous update. Complete list may be released at later date. - VARIOUS: Product efficiencies and improvements.

does this mean the 600 and 700 is now v4 ready?

and please can we revert back to the smaller updates rather than re downloading the whole things again, its  a small gripe as just as I reinstall everything and re do all the schemes i have to uninstall and repeat the process all over again

1st world problems I know but im seem to be doing more maintenance than flying

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

7 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Sorry Guys Im must be having a blonde moment but nearly every few days I get a notice of a update across the boards  to uninstall reload then re install the 3 products for v4

however the latest one for the 737 says

does this mean the 600 and 700 is now v4 ready?

and please can we revert back to the smaller updates rather than re downloading the whole things again, its  a small gripe as just as I reinstall everything and re do all the schemes i have to uninstall and repeat the process all over again

1st world problems I know but im seem to be doing more maintenance than flying

Short answer, no it's not ready yet although it is in beta testing.

For your questions about downloads and installers see this post from Robert:

cheers, i was wondering as I havent seen any posts except for the change log,

like i said 1st world problems with the re downloads, i understand the guys  are working hard and all the stars and moons dont line up in the first attempt

just a little ###### while i was typing this as at the same time  i opened the second update about the 777 and saw the dreaded re download word again, more of a little frustration from this end than any thing else as i spend last night just re doing all my 737 and 777 schemes then the very next time i open it the ops center well..............

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

33 minutes ago, jeansy said:

cheers, i was wondering as I havent seen any posts except for the change log,

like i said 1st world problems with the re downloads, i understand the guys  are working hard and all the stars and moons dont line up in the first attempt

just a little ###### while i was typing this as at the same time  i opened the second update about the 777 and saw the dreaded re download word again, more of a little frustration from this end than any thing else as i spend last night just re doing all my 737 and 777 schemes then the very next time i open it the ops center well..............

It is quite annoying, what seems to be quite common is people read the changelogs and decide if the changes are worthwhile updating, or holding off for the next update etc. For example, if the update required a full reinstall to fix a crash you had never had, skip the update for the time being and wait for the next update or you get a crash. Also being in Australia I know we get ripped off by the Telcos with their data limits and slow speed (thankfully my internet is fast), so for some people it may be a hindrance to download a GB or so when they have limited monthly data.

Edit: However not updating is at your own discretion and it's always advised that you install the latest updates, so not doing so is at your own risk yadda yadda blah blah etc. etc.

Good grief! Enough already with the... Has the (insert product here) been released yet? :wacko:

We'll know when boss says so.

It's not an unreasonable question. Granted, it's easily answered by opening up the operations center, but it's not unreasonable to ask.

Kyle Rodgers

And it seems indeed to be released?!

EDIT: ah, no.

PMDG OP Center says P3Dv4, also on the Web Shop, but the downloaded Installer is still P3D v2 or v3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes ago, guenseli said:

And it seems indeed to be released?!

EDIT: ah, no.

PMDG OP Center says P3Dv4, also on the Web Shop, but the downloaded Installer is still P3D v2 or v3

Its not ready....we'll need to wait a  bit longer

ugcx_banner.png

8 hours ago, bills511 said:

Good grief! Enough already with the... Has the (insert product here) been released yet? :wacko:

We'll know when boss says so.

Chill. The OP had a legit reason to be confused here.

• Upvote 1

Ok, not doubted anything here but why would it say V4 compatible if it's not 🤔

1 hour ago, swapilot said:

Ok, not doubted anything here but why would it say V4 compatible if it's not 🤔

I'm sure there is something you're overlooking, PMDG aren't ones to mislead us on purpose.

Looks like they'll get some more of my money soon.

The more I fly the 800/900, I think: Wow. Flying a miniature version of this thing would be cool.

Doesn't SWA fly or used to fly the 600/700?

And, the DC-6 maybe this week. Great time to be a simmer. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

32 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Doesn't SWA fly or used to fly the 600/700?

They definitely do fly the 700. 503 of them to be exact.

Cool. I thought so, PMDG777.

Even more reason to get the add-on. :biggrin:

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's not an unreasonable question. Granted, it's easily answered by opening up the operations center, but it's not unreasonable to ask.

Cheers

you can lock this as the lefties and righties are now at each others throats

a small request, in future updates on the ops center, could you write something the following to avoid confusion

PRODUCT:

PMDG 737-8900 NGX Base Package -Prepar3D v4

PMDG 737-6700 NGX Expansion Package -FSX/Prepar3D up to v3.4

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA