Sign in to follow this  
BobP

PMDG 777 and 737 are port overs to P3dv4?

Hi everyone,

RE: P3dv4

I'm debating whether to purchase the Queen V2 or the 777, I have the NGX and would like to know if there are new features on the Queen V2 as I understand both the 777 and NGX have been made compatible with P3dv4 but no new features. Thank you.

Bob Prince

Just now, BobP said:

Hi everyone,

I'm debating whether to purchase the Queen V2 or the 777, I have the NGX and would like to know if there are new features on the Queen V2 as I understand both the 777 and NGX have been made compatible with P3dv4 but no new features. Thank you.

Bob Prince

No. Apart from Dynamic Lighting, the features are the same for all 3 planes in Prepar3D V3 and Prepar3D V4, as far as I can tell.

I get better framerate in Prepar3D V4 - but I think that's 'just' the sim.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, BobP said:

Hi everyone,

Bob Prince

They're not port overs as such. They've been completely recompiled for the 64bit sim using the latest SDK. But no, the latest updates were compatibility updates only. New feature updates will come later. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

They're not port overs as such. They've been completely recompiled for the 64bit sim using the latest SDK. But no, the latest updates were compatibility updates only. New feature updates will come later. 

Thank you, I understood they were recompiled  and you both answered my question. 

Bob

Port-overs are just the same same set of files moved from one platform (f.ex. FSX) to another platform (f.ex. P3D) and then maybe a few very minor changes adde for compability.

The PMDG P3D V4 files are equal in content, but re-compiled and thus not equal in format. Function remains the same, but different file sets.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

6 hours ago, Wothan said:

Port-overs are just the same same set of files moved from one platform (f.ex. FSX) to another platform (f.ex. P3D) and then maybe a few very minor changes adde for compability.

The PMDG P3D V4 files are equal in content, but re-compiled and thus not equal in format. Function remains the same, but different file sets.

Good explanation

Just an FYI, PMDG require full names signed in the forums

On the 777 front, I'm pretty sure one of the micro updates gave the 777 the ground friction model from the Queen v2? (So that you'll actually maintain taxi speed at idle thrust as opposed to the old way of needing some thrust just to keep moving)

Not sure if the same micro-update was pushed for the FSX version of the 777 though - so it could've been a new feature but not a P3Dv4-exclusive one.