Sign in to follow this  
jimble

FO keeps deploying full flaps on the embrear

Hi,

I have upgraded to the latest MCE, but in the Embrear, the FO keeps mishearing my instruction and deploys full flaps. The other day, after leaving DFW, i was fighting with a stall warning until i realized he had deployed full flaps and was able to fix it, but today crashed after a go around at East Midlands when he again deployed full flaps and couldn't prevent the stall.

What is the correct instruction for flaps deployment?

Thanks.

Hi Jimble, I'm not sure if this relevant to your issue. I have had issues with voice calls being recognised, anyway I recently upgraded to the latest MCE, but also had a windows update around the same time. What I found was the windows update messed up my microphone drivers, and the recording level was going up and down on its own. 

I had to remove the sound device and let windows re-detect and install the drivers again. So far it's been fine since doing that.

it might be worth just checking you microphone settings, even if it's just to rule it out.

as for flaps calls I usually just say "set flaps 15" etc, depending on what increments your aircraft has.

Rob

Hi Helix, now you mention it, i did get a  windows update recently. I will follow your advise and check the microphone and drivers.

Thanks for the heads up.