Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

P#D v4 Going DIrectly to background

Hello all;

I'm having an issue with P3D going directly to a background process. I've searched online and have already renamed my .cfg, deleted the 2 wx files, cleared my shader cache, renamed the dll.xml folder. re installed FSUIPC and I'm still unable to get it working properly. The sim was working fine until I had to use the vector AEC tool (KMEM was not at the right elevation). Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

What do you mean goes directly to background? Minimizes to task bar? Just disappears from screen but shows in Task Manager? Not enough information. Also some system specs and add-ons would help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Delete you 'Default' flight through the documents/Prepar3d files

There's probably some error loading the default aircraft.  The same thing happened to me when I set the PMDG737 as my defauls

@vgbaron

Disappears from screen yet shows in task manager.

i7 6700k, 1080GTX, Noctua cooler

Using ASP3D v4, ASCA, PMDG aircraft, ORBX Vector, NA Open LC, FSDT KMEM

@blaird22

Will try and report!

Thank you for the replies.

12 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

@vgbaron

Disappears from screen yet shows in task manager.

i7 6700k, 1080GTX, Noctua cooler

Using ASP3D v4, ASCA, PMDG aircraft, ORBX Vector, NA Open LC, FSDT KMEM

@blaird22

Will try and report!

Thank you for the replies.

Hey! This happened to me as well. Had tried installing a2a aircrafts and boom same thing. Doing a windows reinstall now. 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Good luck @Falconfly

From what I understand most of the people in the know say you should not do that. Have you already started?

I have had the same issue after changing the default flight. Deleting that flight in the documents\prepar3d folder solved it.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I also had this last week & it turned out that the two files SPAD Next had put in the Modules folder for the LVARS was causing it. A registry tweak fixed it however an update is on the way to fix it I believe.

Looks like a number of different things can cause this to happen.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

Good luck @Falconfly

From what I understand most of the people in the know say you should not do that. Have you already started?

Yea. I'm really quick with the reinstalls lol. Really need to learn to have a bit of patience with troubleshooting. Do let us know if you ever manage to fix the issue. 

Just wish in 2017 we would have a stable simulation platform :)

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Strange, since installing Vector my yoke will not control the sim unless the main P3D window is the focus window. If i select any other window outside i have no control anymore from the yoke, whereas previously i had full control. The hats on the yoke still work though!

1 hour ago, willy647 said:

I have had the same issue after changing the default flight. Deleting that flight in the documents\prepar3d folder solved it.

Common problem this.  Do as willy said.  

14ppkc-6.png

OK so an update:

I tried everything I saw online and none of it worked. What DID work was a system restore to a time when the sim worked (for me it was 7/16/17). Had it up and running, then today I said, let me get the new EWR (where I work). Installed it and back to the same problem. I restored to7/16 again and the sim ran again.

At the moment I'm flying from MEM to EWR. So far on the flight (PMDG 737-800) I took off from MEM 36C, and at about 1200 ft, airplane became unresponsive. After 45-60 seconds the plane began responding again and acted normal.

Checked the error logs and it says SODE crashed. Reinstalled SODE but it didn't appear to work (I was unable to deactivate the program nor unregister).

If anyone has suggestions I'm willing to try, but for now the sim seems VERY fragile to any changes I make... :(

Check to be sure you have the latest SODE update

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes, I believe so 1.5.3

Also completed the flight. As I approached EWR there were 3 15-24 second pauses in the sim. not sure if that is indicative of anything major.

40 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

Yes, I believe so 1.5.3

Also completed the flight. As I approached EWR there were 3 15-24 second pauses in the sim. not sure if that is indicative of anything major.

A 3-5 sec pause is normal when loading airport objects about 5 nm out.  Starting with your first post you said you changed KMEM elevation with Vector?  I don't want to assume you know the Vector AEC tool does not read add-on.xml files which FSDT uses to install KMEM so I'll point you to the Orbx forum for this discussion.  As mentioned, any number of things can cause a failed launch and you didn't mention if that problem is still with you or this thread has taken a different direction.

Dan Downs KCRP