Sign in to follow this  
odrezet77

Can't download last update

Hi,

In my PDMG operation center i can see an uppdate available. However, i can't download it. Download start and stop one second later ... 

i tried many times, reboot my computer ... no way ...

Any help about this ?

Regards,

Oliver DREZET

Edit : installed version is 3.00.8377, new version is 3.008382 (for P3Dv4)

Regards,

Olivier DREZET 

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

It is possible that the OC is trying to open a text file for you to read, and there is an issue with the .txt association on your computer.  The text file says download the new installer from your PMDG account.  Be sure to uninstall your existing version before installing new.  Don't worry about liveries, just run OC before you remove and it will repair after you install new.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

It's above where he's written Edit: ...

It's above where he's written Edit: ...

I've added my full name to my signature ... It should be seen now .. :biggrin:

Regards,

Olivier DREZET 

21 hours ago, downscc said:

It is possible that the OC is trying to open a text file for you to read, and there is an issue with the .txt association on your computer.  The text file says download the new installer from your PMDG account.  Be sure to uninstall your existing version before installing new.  Don't worry about liveries, just run OC before you remove and it will repair after you install new.

I will try this asap; text file association works ... Who knows ? It may work ...

Regards,

Olivier DREZET 

I have the exact same problem. The txt file opened with the first few 747 updates, the 777-200 and the 737NGX updates. I will download the full installer for the 747 again to see if this clears the issue going forward.

Regards

Gary Hanson

In my case, it's actually some sort of network issue I can't resolve that has to do with PMDG (I'm using a house's WiFi network).  No other downloads or streams have issue in my home except for PMDG.  I can't download the installer (it hangs) and thus can't download updates either from the CC.  I actually have to get the PMDG files downloaded onto my cellphone from my LTE network then manually transfer them to my PC.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

2 minutes ago, tasev1 said:

In my case, it's actually some sort of network issue I can't resolve that has to do with PMDG (I'm using a house's WiFi network).  No other downloads or streams have issue in my home except for PMDG.  I can't download the installer (it hangs) and thus can't download updates either from the CC.  I actually have to get the PMDG files downloaded onto my cellphone from my LTE network then manually transfer them to my PC.

If it's working via cell, then it isn't us. It's your network connection. If it were us, it would fail both ways.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

If it's working via cell, then it isn't us. It's your network connection. If it were us, it would fail both ways.

But certainly, something to do with a server setting that doesn't like my network.  Liveries and OC updates worked fine.  When downloading the full installer, it hangs until it cancels, then I can continue - and it does this until eventually the whole file is done.  But I have 0 issues from any other source of download which is odd.  The WiFi network is not my own (rental unit in a house), so not much I can do about it.  And it's very high speed.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Just now, tasev1 said:

But certainly, something to do with a server setting that doesn't like my network.

Nope. If it were our server, again, you'd fail both ways. It's routing. Firewall on your router, or your ISP is blocking something that your cell provider isn't.

The argument you're trying to make here is that you've tried two different routes to get to a friend's house. One of those routes, you're unable to make it. The other route, you make it just fine.
...but this is somehow your friend's fault.

Logic does not follow. While I understand you might not fully understand networking, please be mindful of where you're placing blame given that level of knowledge.

Kyle Rodgers

Please don't be so sensitive - I am not assigning blame, and neither should you.  I am commenting on my point of view and providing my experience in hopes that somebody with more knowledge can add to it or whatnot.  

I don't understand networking, which is why I am here - for you to enlighten me instead of criticizing my words.

So if you could do anything on the internet just fine, except download the latest update to your favorite program......what would you do? How would you feel? And who would you ask?

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Try disabling the IPv6 option.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had the same problem, you can download the update manually.  Just going by memory, look in %AppData%\Roaming\PMDG folder, the link for the update is at the bottom of one of the logs. I have a fresh install of P3D.

\Robert Hamlich/