Sign in to follow this  
jackralston

Aerosoft Madrid CTD on approach

It is an ISD scenery. Try the Sardinian ones. Sorry about my bad memort, it happens with old age. Try LIEO for starters. If not then try the others in Sardinia begining in the north west of the island, Your suspect AI aircraft is a possibility, but your problem with Madrid is not new !!

5 minutes ago, royth said:

It is an ISD scenery. Try the Sardinian ones. Sorry about my bad memort, it happens with old age. Try LIEO for starters. If not then try the others in Sardinia begining in the north west of the island, Your suspect AI aircraft is a possibility, but your problem with Madrid is not new !!

No problem :smile:

The only ISD project sceneries I have are LIMC, LIML and LIPZ but I will disable them and see what happens.

If it is Italian scenery related  the scenery is in Sardinia. If you do not have any enhanced airports there we are propably barking up the wrong tree. If you think it may be AI then turn off AI and see if you can fly there. Also try "go to" Madrid and see if your aircraft will sit on a stand for half an hour. If it CTD's it can speed up your cure testing and reduce the "failed flight" aggrevation. Roy. (Sorry about reply delay, caused by a PC glitch).

9 minutes ago, royth said:

If it is Italian scenery related  the scenery is in Sardinia. If you do not have any enhanced airports there we are propably barking up the wrong tree. If you think it may be AI then turn off AI and see if you can fly there. Also try "go to" Madrid and see if your aircraft will sit on a stand for half an hour. If it CTD's it can speed up your cure testing and reduce the "failed flight" aggrevation. Roy. (Sorry about reply delay, caused by a PC glitch).

Yeah mine isn't the glitch in layout, it loads up fine at the airport and has run for over 24hrs no problem at the airport which makes me think it is something global scenery/texture based. I use Ultimate Terrain, FSGlobal 2010 and OSM World Europe.

52 minutes ago, jackralston said:

which makes me think it is something global scenery/texture based. I use Ultimate Terrain, FSGlobal 2010 and OSM World Europe.

I have to agree.  To see if I could find anything, I installed Madrid to FSX and P3DV3 and no CTDs.  I'm using ORBX Global and Vector.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes. I must agree with Dave. It looks to be scenery related and wil often take a lot of locating..When you locate it carry on searching amoungst the sub-files, as you can occasionaly restor most of the associated scenery instead of losing a whole chunk. Had a problem once of an area "grey sqauring". Problem traced to another airfield enhancement. Was one file in the scenery file. Airport lost some of its looks but was still usable, so could then use both airfieds. Good luck in your search. Aerosoft may be able to help if they are still functioning.  Their Madrid is very good, so worth the effort.  Roy.