Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

PMDG 737 NGX engine sound problem

I've searched this forum for some solution to this problem and tried all of the suggestions as follows:

1. Press the Q button twice

2. Adjust the sound options in FSX ... I've placed all sounds at 32 and the engine sounds to 100

3. PMDG Sounds options are Master Vol 100, Controls 100, Ambience 70, Warnings 100, GPWS/TCAS 50, Gnd Comms 50, External 100

4. There was a site out there that allows me to test my speakers when I press the left arrow button sound comes out of the left speaker and the right arrow button sound comes out of the right speaker so the stereo setup at the computer level is working properly.

5. I've tried different liveries and finished with the PMDG default livery ... same problem

Finally, when I turn my "head" so that my "ear" is pointing back to the engine (either right or left) the spooling of the engine sounds perfect ... when I center my vision to the front the engine sounds cancel out and it sounds like a hair drier again ... no engine sounds.  If I'm correct I also remember hearing some tire noises when rolling down the runway but I cannot remember for sure ... but that sound is gone too.

Anyone have any suggestions?  And, no, I'm not going to install the latest update (where I have to uninstall and then reinstall) unless a PMDG Tech Support personnel says that will fix the problem.  

Thanks to all!

C. T. Blankenship

4 minutes ago, CTBlankenship said:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure your correct sound device is selected, not just in the sim (as you've done) but in Windows.

Kyle Rodgers

The speaker selection within the plane is the same as my default speaker within windows ... Realtek HIgh Definition Audio ... 

I just verified the problem at least ... I listened to this video and right about 20 minutes in you can hear the sound I'm missing.  My airplane sounds like a hair dryer the whole time.

Just as another test ... I loaded up the T7 and the engine sounds wonderful in that bird.  What could cause the 737 not have engine sounds and the T7 to work perfectly?  Looks like a re-install is in order.  I hope this does not muck up my EZDOK camera settings or I'm gonna freak! <s>

CT

21 minutes ago, CTBlankenship said:

Just as another test ... I loaded up the T7 and the engine sounds wonderful in that bird.  What could cause the 737 not have engine sounds and the T7 to work perfectly?  Looks like a re-install is in order.  I hope this does not muck up my EZDOK camera settings or I'm gonna freak! <s>

CT

I can't remember if the NGX had it, but check in the operations centre to see if you have a 5.1 surround sound pack installed, if you do you won't hear all the sounds unless you have 5.1 speakers

Chris:

No, I saw where the PMDG 777 has the sound option in the Operations Center but the 737 does not.  Nice thought though!

1 minute ago, CTBlankenship said:

Chris:

No, I saw where the PMDG 777 has the sound option in the Operations Center but the 737 does not.  Nice thought though!

Hmm damn that was my one idea. That seems to be what it's acting like though!

I have uninstalled the old 737 and updated to the new version and rebooted the computer ... verified that I have the latest version in the Operations Center but the problem is still the same.

Meh!

1 hour ago, CTBlankenship said:

The speaker selection within the plane is the same as my default speaker within windows ... Realtek HIgh Definition Audio ... 

You're assuming that's the right one, though...

In your list, what are your options?

Mine are:

• Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)
  • Realtek Digital Output (Realtek HD Audio)
  • Speakers (Not Plugged In)
  • Speakers (Yeti Microphone)

The correct one is the top one (for me). You'll definitely know when you find it, because your sound issues will go away. Right now, you're 'missing' sounds because your comp is routing some of them to the wrong source, given your setup.

Kyle Rodgers

Options are:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  • Speakers (Plantronics .Audio 655 DSP) ... these are my headset speakers
  • Realtek Digital Output(Optical)
  • Realtek Digital Output

With the first one being the one that is selected.  Just as a test, I also selected the Plantronics headset ... same problem.

I think I'm going to open up a ticket for this one ...

1 minute ago, CTBlankenship said:

Options are:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  • Speakers (Plantronics .Audio 655 DSP) ... these are my headset speakers
  • Realtek Digital Output(Optical)
  • Realtek Digital Output

With the first one being the one that is selected.  Just as a test, I also selected the Plantronics headset ... same problem.

I think I'm going to open up a ticket for this one ...

Check what the setting is in the FMC and try different options there.

Chris:

That is where I changed from my speakers to my headset and back to my speakers again ... I was in the FMC.

3 minutes ago, CTBlankenship said:

Chris:

That is where I changed from my speakers to my headset and back to my speakers again ... I was in the FMC.

And what happens if you change the windows speaker settings? Same thing?

Chris:

Same ol' thing ... I even tried copying all of the .wav files in the 737 800 NGX/sound directory into the winglets subdirectory removing the aliasing option.  To no avail.  This is a real poser ... I'm hating every minute of listening to a hair drier all of the time ... it is amazing what sound does for a product.  

I've opened a ticket ... I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome ... but in the meantime don't stop throwing out ideas!