Sign in to follow this  
delirium_knight

Pilot Heat

I feel really dumb but I have looked all over this airplane. I was flying in weather the other day over colorado with temps in the teens to 20's and My airspeed went dead, I tried to find the switch for pilot tube heat in any variation but was unable to find it. Can you direct me where to look;

Thanks

Top row of the overhead switch panel just right of center in the ICE PROTECTION section.  They are labeled PITOT FUEL VENT as they control both. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Top row of the overhead switch panel just right of center in the ICE PROTECTION section.  They are labeled PITOT FUEL VENT as they control both. 

But they don't work quite right... another bug.  I had them both on flying through some clouds at around -5C OAT and I would intermittently lose the IAS reading.

When I switch on pilot heat, my sim launches Prime95 and my CPU keeps my feet toasty warm.

• Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Is that the right label PITOT FUEL VENT for the Pitot Heat in the real aircraft, seems odd they would be called that?

Yes is it the right label (why do you consider it odd?)

Because it mentions "Fuel", most that I have seen are just labeled Pitot Heat? I would think those two would be separate. If you look at the KA 200 it has Pitot heat right, left and a separate Fuel vent right, left?

Cheers

Martin

On the 690b the fuel cell vents might ice over, hence it's essential to have them anti-iced at all times. In this case it's a good idea (and saves space) to pair them with the also essential pitot tubes.

• Upvote 1