Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

It's gonna be a bumpy ride

“Flight attendants/Cabin crew, please be seated.”

737Turbulance.jpg

Fun flight in the NGX from Phoenix to San Francisco with Ultimate Traffic Live at 100%, AS weather, and ASCA clouds.  Also filed as IFR and was very busy with the radios too. Very glad to have the automation assistance.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looks awesome how is it running

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Jeff,

How'd you get the pink on the weather radar...I've never seen pink. Last flight I flew into Love Field, Dallas, in the NGX, I was landing in a heavy cell and it about shook my teeth loose. I think I popped out at about 250 ft. AGL, fortunately, right on the glideslope. Isn't real-world weather with AS4 and ASCA amazing? I still wish they'd do something about the grid pattern of storm cells, but it's still cool stuff. The other thing I like is to be able to use historic weather. If I see something interesting on Intellicast, I try to write down the date, time, and location so I can call it up in the sim and try and fly it.

I've been running AS4 and ASCA on a laptop, along with Remote Overhead Client, and Navigraph Charts (love the moving map), and it all works really well, and takes all the load of my sim machine.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

15 minutes ago, somiller said:

Jeff,

How'd you get the pink on the weather radar...I've never seen pink.

Thanks for you comments.  I have the weather radar set on Wx+T.  Per FCOM:

WX+T (turbulence) – •shows weather radar returns•shows turbulence within 50 miles.Note:Turbulence detection requires presence of detectable precipitation. Clear air turbulence cannot be detected by radar.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

1 hour ago, jt_williams said:

Thanks for you comments.  I have the weather radar set on Wx+T.  Per FCOM:

WX+T (turbulence) – •shows weather radar returns•shows turbulence within 50 miles.Note:Turbulence detection requires presence of detectable precipitation. Clear air turbulence cannot be detected by radar.

Jeff,

Thanks for the explanation, I'll make sure to use that function of the weather radar from now on when I see precip. I haven't spent a whole lot of time in the FCOM...guess I need to dig in.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB