Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I need help. I messed up. My FS9 is aborting..

OK.. I did not see any American Airlines at DFW... so I went about trying to get that fixed in Ultimate Traffic.So I spent the last two hours downloading their latest and greatest etc...Now my FS9 is unstable...It aborted twice in less than 10 minutes.The second time, it gave me fe.dll in the error details.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest firehawk44

Hi Manny,There are a couple of recent threads concerning the fe.dll problem. Basically, fe.dll revolves around bad textures so if you added new textures recently (like for an AA AI), you'll need to uninstall as they are in conflict.Jim

Thanks Jim.I just uninsalled Ultimate Traffic.. and it seems to have gone away.But now, I don't have traffic.:)Manny

Manny

I did a fresh insall of Ultimate Traffic... and and removed every other addon AFCAD for KDFW and using the stock AFCAD and still with 40% trafffic, I run into that suddent death abort.Now I reduced the traffic to 0% and I don't have that problem.Hmmmm....Manny

Manny

Guest firehawk44

You might run ScanAFD (scanafd.zip in the AVSIM Library) and make sure you have no duplicate AFCADS. There are many airports in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and possibly you have a duplicate at one of those. Also, did you add any AI aircraft to UT or change the textures of any of those aircraft. Like I stated before, many have suffered similar crashes and it was traced to added textures. Hope you can get this figured out.Jim

Yes Jim,Since I was not getting any traffic at DFW, I was told its because AA doesn't come with the default UT install, that I have to download/Update for those textrues. My trouble started after I did that.I uninstalled and reinstall just the basic UT (no aa and hence no DFW traffic) and the problem disappeared. Its not the AFCAD's because I removed all duplicate and left only the base AFCAD for DFW and I still ran into that problem.Manny

Manny

Jim,I posted this at the UT Forum too.------------------------------------------------------I think I may have found a solution for my problem.Yes... I deleted those folders and did clean install.Tested it.. no problemThis time instead of updating blindly everythinng.. I only selected two aircrafts for American Airline. the 737-800 AI aircraft and the MD80.I assigned only those two aircrafts to all the American aircrafts..and I assiged the good ATR I had for the AA ATR.I regenerated the traffic BGL.Now It looks like its good. I have 100% traffic (for testing), and I have AA aircrafts in DFW. Ofcourse,,there is only MD80 and 737 AA's ..but still what the heck.I can live with that. when I have some time, I'll upload one by one those other specific AA paint jobs and assign them.If I do it one by one, I may figure out the offending one.The Question I have is.... If I did find the offending paint scheme. How do I remove only that specific one. I would hate to redo a fresh install and update upto the point I had this offending load.Manny

Manny

Guest ryebred

You should browse the Ultimate Traffic forums. They have posted the solution there. http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/Basically you need to download and install the CRJ 700 and Saab 340 textures for American Airlines from Project AI http://www.projectai.com/libraries/textmode.phpOnce you associate them in the UT aircraft util then recompile your traffic it will work just fine. No more crashing at DFW or any other American airlines hub.

Manny, I had the exact same problem with CTD and fe.dll error. It happended after I download and or updated AI aircraft. The only way I was able to fix it was to uninstall and reinstallUltimate Traffic and the problem went away. Craig