Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

When Do You Expect To See An A380?

A380 For P3D  

104 members have voted

1. 1. When Do You Expect To See An Flyable A380 For P3D?

• 0-12 Months
    • 13-24 Months
    • 25-36 Months
    • Never

When do you expect to see a flyable A380 so Qualitywings standard and up for P3D V4 or V3 

36 months? 63 months at least....

Unless there is somebody working on it for a while now except Matt and has not public the project yet.

It will be better if we have all A320 and A330 variants, much more enjoy to fly than that big boy.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

• Upvote 2

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I would rather have the that big boy A380!

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

As much as I would like to have a new 4-holer, I fear it will never happen.

• Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Yep ... Don't think it will happen either.

Besides I would rather have an 787 (or an A350), to be honest... I have more faith in, that these aircrafts, will remain in the future.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

When I was young and enjoying Flight Simulator for Windows 95, the idea of flying a fully fledged and complex 747 just a few years later in FS9 was not even conceivable to me.

I don't think a fully fledged A380 is around the corner, but I'm sure we'll have it in a few years. 

I'm hoping not more than 5 years, but that's just a personal dream of mine.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

Everyday at around FL150 over my house when Emirates descends to MUC coming from DXB ;-)

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Like Joe, I expect to see one pretty much every day, usually an Emirates coming down to about 1200 feet on finals to Manchester 23R. As far as in P3D goes, there is one in development, but that doesn't mean it will be guaranteed to see completion, but if it does come, then probably about four years away if they intend to make it believable. It's a very complex bird but beyond that complexity there are a number of features which would be tricky to implement in P3D, such as the very capable EFB functions the real aeroplane has. Flight Factors had a good stab at the A350 for XPlane which does have much of that EFB functionality in it, so if you use that one, you get an idea of how large a task it would be to create an A380 for any sim. This makes me think that we'll see one for XPlane first, as FF have done much of the donkey work in creating their A350.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wishful thinking,  we don't have an airbus full stop for v4 Let's alone a 380.  

14ppkc-6.png

I don't know, why not ask Matt from Simtweaks who are developing it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

7 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

When do you expect to see a flyable A380 to Qualitywings standard

Interesting that you make that comparison.  Qualitywings have yet to prove themselves as a 'higher standard' developer - and will hopefully do so with the 787.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

usually an Emirates coming down to about 1200 feet on finals to Manchester 23R.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If we see a complex simulation of the A380 in P3D it will be years from now. Maybe when P3D v6 is released...lol. 

It would be an interesting bird to have but I would much rather have a high quality A350 or even a 737 MAX for P3D v4. 

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

4 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

If we see a complex simulation of the A380 in P3D it will be years from now. Maybe when P3D v6 is released...lol. 

It would be an interesting bird to have but I would much rather have a high quality A350 or even a 737 MAX for P3D v4. 

Indeed! 

I seem to remember reading somewhere (I think it was the Aerosoft Forums) and I believe it was Mathijs who said, that a PMDG level A350, A380 or 787 would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to do, due to the complexity of the aircrafts. I don't have the insights as to whether or not he's right, though...
I would assume, that he increased complexity and automation would be harder to model correctly... 

A little sad, as I really hope for a PMDG 787 or an high-level fidelity A350 sometime in the future... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I really think if they spent enough time on it FsLabs or another decent developer could do the aircraft itself to a very good standard. If they can do the transition from the 320 to the 330 then I'm sure down the road with increased exeperience  and information they'd be able to make the transition from the 330 to the 350. I think a hard task would be adding all the cockpit goodies such as the ANF (airport navigation function) basically a moving map for taxiing and the OIS (onboard information system) which is the a350s very very advanced EFB system. I am also assuming here they will be stepping up to do the 330 too.