Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Can't get the Saitek Radio Stack to work in P3Dv4

I installed the plugin and added the entry in the exe.xml but the radio stack is not working. All I get is 000.00 on all the displays. Worked fine in v3.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Unless it was released in the past 2 days, there is no plugin for P3DV4.  Now, I know that after using the Radio Panel it's really, REALLY hard to live without!  Especially given that it's likely the best and certainly the most cost effective Radio Stack in flight sim.  I'm not familiar with anyone who has been able to hack this, so I believe what you'll need to do is either wait for Logitech to produce a driver/purchase  you can pick up a copy of SPAD.NEXT.  I did the latter and I'm very happy I did as not only do all my panels work (Radio, Switch, Multi-Panel) and I can reassign any of the the switchs or rotary knobs to whatever functions I want - in any aircraft including third party payware aircraft.

The software is not expensive at all.

Even better, people have uploaded profiles for a variety of aircraft so you may not have to make assignments yourself - or at the very least you can quickly learn from what they did. Also, in addition to the manual (which is very good), there are excellent SPAD.NEXT video tutorials.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

+1 here Dave, I installed SPAD Next recently & find it's now an indispensable utility I can't be without as is FSUIPC.

Love the way it gets my Saitek panels working with the PMDG NGX & T7. 

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

ok, thanks for the info. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

SPAD.NEXT is the way to go! I fought this issue for many days, fellow flight simmer suggest - rock solid! Good luck!

erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Hey guys, regarding SPADneXt.  I purchased it a long time ago back when I was with P3Dv3 and to be honest I found it for me to be "mentally challenging" (ie: me stupid),  to even get a single Saitek switch assigned.  After hours I gave up and went back to SPAD.

Now that I am in P3Dv4 I need to look at that program again.  So the question I have is do they have basic Saitek profiles I can download and run just to start with?  If so how/where?

Any direction would be most helpful.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

You can download profiles from within spad next. Go to profiles then online profiles. Check the boxes to search etc. pretty sure you will figure it out from there.

• Upvote 1

I have also just given up the fight....I pulled down spad.next and will give it a try.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I try spad.next but you need to dig inside profile and sincerely paying for a tool that doesn't do automatically it's unconventional.

Lynda do the same but you need to buy a copy of FSUIPC but then again you need to dig on setting the things.

Right know with the plugin from Logitech in P3D V4 it works just add  the code on EXE.XML

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/flight-sim-cockpit-radio-panel/downloads#

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\FSX Plugin\LogiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

The radio this way works perfectly.

The problem is the multipanel

Great info SimBio, thanks for sharing that!

After using Spade.Next I have to say how tremendously please I am with it, and after just a little reading or watching the assignment done on one of their videos it proved to be pretty simple. But I agree, if someone only needs the Radio Panel then I'd go with the plugin.

Beat wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, simbio said:

I try spad.next but you need to dig inside profile and sincerely paying for a tool that doesn't do automatically it's unconventional.

Lynda do the same but you need to buy a copy of FSUIPC but then again you need to dig on setting the things.

Right know with the plugin from Logitech in P3D V4 it works just add  the code on EXE.XML

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/flight-sim-cockpit-radio-panel/downloads#

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

Thanks a million Simbio. That is  exactly what I was looking for. My initial problem was I was using the Saitec plug-ins when I should've been using the Logitech plug-ins  since they took over production. Once I did that and added the lines to the EXE.XML I was good to go. Seeing I only have the radio stack all I wanted was the plug-in to make it work. Thanks to the others for the suggestions also.

Dan

On 7/19/2017 at 0:01 PM, simbio said:

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

Thank you so much  this worked  awesome !!

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

If you only want to use the software that comes with the Saitek panels it all works fine start them up in a batch file or from the P3D exe.xml

example C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
	<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
	<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>
		<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon> 
		<Name>ProFlight Plugin</Name> 
		<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight Plugin\ProFlightPlugin.exe</Path> 
		<CommandLine></CommandLine> 
	</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

If you are having trouble with panels not lighting up, run the APM fixer, check all items and exit. More here:

http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=575

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Is it me, perhaps I'm the only one, but I found Spad Next extremely unintuitive. To the point that I effectively gave up with it. I did get it working with some of my aircraft, but not all.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think it helps if you load a profile someone else has written and reverse engineer it.