Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Can't get the Saitek Radio Stack to work in P3Dv4

27 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Is it me, perhaps I'm the only one, but I found Spad Next extremely unintuitive. To the point that I effectively gave up with it. I did get it working with some of my aircraft, but not all.

Yes, for me it's the same, for a payware I find it strange it should be more straight forward.

IMHO, The software should apply a profile automatically after understanding your setup and the aircraft in use.

21 minutes ago, simbio said:

Yes, for me it's the same, for a payware I find it strange it should be more straight forward.

IMHO, The software should apply a profile automatically after understanding your setup and the aircraft in use.

Absolutely. It really should not be difficult. You click a switch, then add an action, save a profile. Why has it to be so complicated! I suspect if it appears more complicated than it needs to be, then it somehow can justify the price?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

And I thought I was just a dummy, ha!  I got the program because I read you can perform a lot of customization but haven't gone back to it since.  It was not a fun experience so I think for now I will d/l the Logitech drivers and with FSUIPC I should be set at least for default operation of all my panels.  I'll come back to SPADneXt when I have a whole day to kill :biggrin:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

35 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

And I thought I was just a dummy, ha!  I got the program because I read you can perform a lot of customization but haven't gone back to it since.  It was not a fun experience so I think for now I will d/l the Logitech drivers and with FSUIPC I should be set at least for default operation of all my panels.  I'll come back to SPADneXt when I have a whole day to kill :biggrin:

See, you're all coming out of the closet now and admitting failure with the rest of us dummies! :biggrin::biggrin:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Still no luck for me.  I copied over the EXE.XML file from P2Dv3 to P3Dv4.  I edited it adding the new Logitech code. 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Logitech Plugin for FSX</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\FSX Plugin\LogiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>

Start the sim ...nothing.  I d/l - installed the panel test software too but I see no icon or exe to start that to have a look?

Has EXE.XML changed from v3 to v4?  What am I doing wrong?

Update - was able to find and test the panels with the Logitech test software

Radio (at least one of them) switches & dials work but no LED digits showing
Multi-panel works switches & dials work but no LED digits showing
Switch panel is not working.

From what I am reading it appears this may have something to do with Microsoft Windows USB Advanced Power Management.  I d/l link for the test/repair app but have no Idea how to run that - I see no instructions and the link refers to P3Dv1-3, not version 4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Any new solutions here?

I'm not sure how to go about the exe.xml process, but am hoping for a simpler solution (unless I'm missing something)

Installation of the new Logitech drivers seems to work, but I can't see where anything is installed, and the panel won't work in P3D v4. (I don't have older versions installed.)

No issues using it, even without having loaded drivers, in X-Plane.

I just purchased. It will only let me download file 1 of 2. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

On 2/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, edvn25 said:

Logitech upload a P3d v4 plugin

http://support.logitech.com/de_at/product/x52-pro-space-flight-simulator-controller/downloads#

But another question: at my mfd there is only the Text : Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System and when I press the Buttons, nothing happens.

Have anyone an idea?

greetings edvn25

Did you ever get it working ? I am having the same problem my x52 shows the radio but when i try to change the radio in the mfd or transponder it doesnt change the numbers at all.