RichieFly

C411 on P3dV4?

19 posts in this topic

Does it work (for you)?

I read on the internet (where else?) that the Flysimware Conquest works with P3Dv4.

I installed it. Although P3D crashed the 1st time I ran it after installing, the aircraft loads up and starts.

But, I'm not getting any thrust and I'm pretty sure the props are off the locks. The torque meters are moving and the aircraft config page shows the props being unlocked.

Just wondering if anyone has a comment to share.

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I'm aware, even though the FSW website has their C441 listed as working in 'all versions' of P3D, I think that was put on there before V4 came out, so it was true at the time of writing. But I bought the FSW C441 from Just Flight, and they are notable for getting new installers up quickly, so I've been checking to see if they are listing it as V4 compatible (not yet, last time I checked, and I check daily), so I've been putting up with the (much inferior) Alabeo C441, which I also bought from Just flight and which gained V4 compatibility earlier this week, but it's strictly an interim solution until the FSW C441 is officially V4 compatible, and then I'll be much happier. Hopefully FSW are on the case.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. 

I'll live with the Alabeo too then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 0:50 AM, RichieFly said:

...

But, I'm not getting any thrust and I'm pretty sure the props are off the locks. The torque meters are moving and the aircraft config page shows the props being unlocked.

...

I have it working in P3Dv4.  The "lack of thrust" sounds like it is not out of lock.  For me, a quick hit into reverse and then it works fine.

I am having an issue with ALT HOLD at lower levels.  I tried a short flight at 16,000, and another at 17,000 (and 19,000).  Until I got to FL200 or above it would not hold altitude, always drifting up at 100-300 fpm no matter what I tried.  Once I got above FL200 ALT HOLD worked as expected.

Joe

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe L said:

I am having an issue with ALT HOLD at lower levels.  I tried a short flight at 16,000, and another at 17,000 (and 19,000).  Until I got to FL200 or above it would not hold altitude, always drifting up at 100-300 fpm no matter what I tried.  Once I got above FL200 ALT HOLD worked as expected.

Could you set standard weather (29.92 inHg / 1013.25 mbar) to see if it is correct in this situation? If yes, maybe the autopilot has a problem seeing the correct altimeter setting?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

Could you set standard weather (29.92 inHg / 1013.25 mbar) to see if it is correct in this situation? If yes, maybe the autopilot has a problem seeing the correct altimeter setting?

Should have mentioned - I tried that already.   Even setting to 29.92 the AC would continue a slow climb beyond actual or STD altitude settings.  It seems as if it might eventually level off, but, I was on RADAR Contact driven flights so I would just ask for higher.  Next flight maybe I will declare turbulence and see if it ever settles.  Also tried ascending to a stable FL then going back down to 16,000 - no joy.

Odd thing is on descent to approach it seemed to hold fine at 12,000 then 9,000 and so on, though I was only at those altitude for a few minutes each.

Joe

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, Joe L said:

I have it working in P3Dv4.  The "lack of thrust" sounds like it is not out of lock.  For me, a quick hit into reverse and then it works fine.

I am having an issue with ALT HOLD at lower levels.  I tried a short flight at 16,000, and another at 17,000 (and 19,000).  Until I got to FL200 or above it would not hold altitude, always drifting up at 100-300 fpm no matter what I tried.  Once I got above FL200 ALT HOLD worked as expected.

Joe

I'm a little late to the party, but I can confirm this, even at 29.92inHg.  And several minor click sounds are missing as well, generator switches, for example.  Eagerly waiting for an update to this nice bird in the meantime.

Stew

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of the other Flysimware aircraft have been updated for P3Dv4 yesterday. So maybe the C441 hasn't been upgraded yet to include a fix for things like these?

It would probably be good if you send an email to Flysimware today to make sure they are aware of this thread.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All FSW aircraft (including the helicopters) are being updated for P3Dv4. The FSW website will show when a particular a/c has been updated and the new installer is available -- look under the aircraft's All Updates link for the latest info.

Al

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that i have the new 64bit sound module from the original developer i can make new installers for P3D V4. So far 8 projects are done and the second set will be the last 10 projects that use DLL's since V4 requires 64bit DLL's.

All but the Lear35A will work without the sound module as you will only be missing a few bonus sounds like switches. I will take a look at the low altitude hold issue today.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The autopilot code for the Cessna 441 is default. I don't have any code. So for it to not hold altitude based on the ALT ALERTER. does not make sense. I also can't find any issues when i test it.

Is there anyone else that is having no issues?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this altitude hold problem a P3dv4 problem?  Perhaps the upcoming v4 update will fix the problem, who knows?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, StewartH said:

Is this altitude hold problem a P3dv4 problem?

Hi Stew, only just noticed your post, It's working ok for me, just done a quick test as I've been flying the Seminole.

Put 4500' in the Alt Alert, turned the vertical speed hold selector to 1500'/m and the 4500' altitude was intersected. (1000' warning was also sounded)

bob

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Bob, and thanks for your reply.  I've found I can maintain a constant altitude if my torque level is maintained at around 1500 or 1600 ft-lb. Even with the alt hold activated, any higher than 1600 and the aircraft starts to ascend at about 10-20 ft/min.  Also, I don't recall ever hearing the 1000' warning tone.  I'm going to try a re-download and installation and see if that makes any difference, but I have no problems in FSX, only P3Dv4.

Update to add:  A reinstall of a more up-to-date version of the C411 seems to have solved the altitude hold problem, as well as enabling a dual installation of the GTN 750, which wasn't available previously.  Nice addition.  So I had an older version of the aircraft installed and didn't know it!  Dumb.

However, the ATC (and the pilot for that matter) still use the callsign "0" instead of the atc id that's showing the aircraft.cfg file.  What is the problem here?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StewartH said:

However, the ATC (and the pilot for that matter) still use the callsign "0" instead of the atc id that's showing the aircraft.cfg file.  What is the problem here?

When selecting Vehicle, look at  the Air Traffic Control Box.. Flight Number...type the ID of the airplane (default is zero. ) 

bob .... edit must be a bug somewhere  but it works for now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now