Sign in to follow this  
johnliem

How to change background color

When I start the RC , I got a green color with red color of the text, is it possible to change the color of the background? instead of green I would like to change it to transparent.. Thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

John,

There is a very good search function in AvSim. :wink: Searching for "background color" found this...

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

RC uses the fsuipc generated box with a default of red text with a blue transparent background. The text can be changed to white. This became available in later versions of fsuipc.

If you are using the show text utility then you will get the "old" green box. You still can change the red text to white. In the fsuipc.ini located in the fs modules folder General section add:

WhiteMessages=Yes

If you use the RC Display Text function which we do not recommend because it can slow RC down, then you get the green crawl with red text I think.

I assume your fsuipc is current from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Your RC should be current at v4.3.3845. as shown in the opening splash screen. I use the key sequence ctrl-x to hide the menu box by inserting:

AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10

in the General section which will hide it only until the next command from RC which can be handy for taxiing in ground operations.

Be sure to backup fsuipc.ini in a folder outside of FS. Be sure to use a text mode. I use Notepad.

That is very usefull tips thanks Ron.

John Liem

9 hours ago, ronzie said:

Your RC should be current at v4.3.3845. as shown in the opening splash screen. I use the key sequence ctrl-x to hide the menu box by inserting:

AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10

in the General section which will hide it only until the next command from RC which can be handy for taxiing in ground operations.

Be sure to backup fsuipc.ini in a folder outside of FS. Be sure to use a text mode. I use Notepad.

This, however, doesn't work in P3Dv4 (yet).

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hello Ron

I add the WhiteMessages=Yes in in the fsuipc.ini ,  it does not work, maybe as Hans said that it is not for P3D4,

and also the AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10, but I still have a question about  AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10 , do you also mean to add this in fsuipc.ini?

John Liem

Both commands go in the general section of fsuipc. Also in in the linked topic make sure in your modules folder advdisplay.dll is not there. That is the old green box red type before it was built in to fsiupc which now produces the menu as a windows display. Rename it to advdisplay.dlh if you want to retain it but just disable it.

If the key macros are not working then something is trapping it possibly if you use it a keyboard capture function in your FMC which can be toggled on and off in many advanced models.     Look for keystroke conflicts.

Check out the fsuipc advanced user guide for your fsuipc version.

If you are using Windows 10 that might be a display problem.

Thanks Ron, and yes I use windows 10, 

John Liem