Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Anyone having P3D crashes since installing FTX Vector?

Righto clever people of Avsim,

My sim keeps crashing after clicking OK to load up a scenario.  Whether its the default scenario with the F-22 or any other,  i get the timer circle and then a message saying P3D had to close due to some or other non-specific issue.

Have deleted the .cfg file, uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D Client, - same issue every time.  The last installation I made was FTX Vector.  Not sure if its related, but reaching out to check if anyone else has had this issue or can suggest a solution.

cheers

erich

I do not have any crashes with vector.

Have you checked the windows error report?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Have you checked the windows error report?

Not yet.  Would it provide specific enough details?

It depends ... but could give a hint if maybe an certain DLL will crash something of your video card driver have problems or whatever.

You could also try to backup and disable your scenery.cfg to see if it's then working.

And if so, then insert your old scenery.cfg and disable Vector etc in the scenery library to see if it works then.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

2 minutes ago, guenseli said:

It depends ... but could give a hint if maybe an certain DLL will crash something of your video card driver have problems or whatever.

You could also try to backup and disable your scenery.cfg to see if it's then working.

And if so, then insert your old scenery.cfg and disable Vector etc in the scenery library to see if it works then.

Yeah, okay, I'll try that.

Thanks Guenter.

I have trouble running FTX stuff and UK2000 Manchester. Had to disable some files. It wouldn't load. P3D just quit with no message after loading screen. Maybe something in this direction?!

I had to uncheck railways bridges because there are some artifacts at Haneda (RJTT) and around Tokyo. I also uncheck bridges in seconday and tertiary roads... too much clutter in some cities...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

There are problems being reported about .xml installed airports conflicting with Scenery Library installed airports.  There is always a crash exactly liked you described.  As a test, deselect several of your .xml airports and see if Vector now works.  If it does, then you've hit the LM bug that no one wants to take ownership of.

I'm not having trouble, but you might want to make sure the Orbx library is up-to-date.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

It's all sorted now.  I deleted the scenery.cfg and it sorted out the issue.

cheers

erich