Sign in to follow this  

Converting from FSX to P3D v4 - Payware connotations

19 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

No, sorry. Misinformation by me.

No worries.

In all reading above and other research I've done I'm convinced and I'm going for it. Prepar3D here I come.

"Goodbye FSX - we shall not see your like again.

I know it's only lines of code, electrons endlessly cascading across the surfaces of CPU, hard drive, GPU and sticks of RAM but I do genuinely feel a great deal of affection for it and will always treasure my FSX Gold + Acceleration boxed DVDs.

It taught me to fly, taught me the rudiments of navigation and undoubtedly was one of the reasons I decided to take my very first trial lesson in a real Piper PA-28 Warrior III, in the real sky; an event which I say with no exaggeration, changed my life.

Thank you FSX"

As it will mean an enforced break from a few of my beloved aircraft until I research carefully how to ease them in to the p3d v4 environment - particularly going to miss the Razbam Harrier GR9 -(I know, I know - it flies like a brick - until you've got a couple of hundred hours of VTOLs in it) I'm off to fly a couple of them before we hit Format c: and the new journey begins...

See you there lads.

1 minute ago, ganter said:

See you there lads

Me too, going in the same direction as you, with more or less the same listings in your first post.

No need to miss them as FSX and P3D v4 will live side-by-side happily together.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

5 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

No need to miss them as FSX and P3D v4 will live side-by-side happily together.

No. I don't think I could face that. Tweaking TWO flight sims!

Doing a complete format and system reinstall with a new OS (Win 10). If v4 works as well as my research leads me to believe I will not be populating the new SSD with FSX. It's time is gone. I just have to let it go...

jumps up from chair and rushes from the room bursting into tears

11 minutes ago, ganter said:

jumps up from chair and rushes from the room bursting into tears

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

UK 2000 EGLL and EGCC now have v4 installers but windsocks don't work.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

UK 2000 EGLL and EGCC now have v4 installers but windsocks don't work.

Yes, Ive been looking at the UK2000 v4 situation as EGLL and EGKK are indispensable to my VA activities.

I'VE ALSO BEEN READING THIS:

Seems to me utterly important to ascertain that any legacy products have been recompiled using the new v4 SDK and not simply had their installers modified to include v4 installation capability.

Research, research and then research.

7 hours ago, ganter said:

That's what I have; AS16 for FSX. So that means the update will work?

No, AS16 was made into two different products one for FSX  and one for P3D. 

If you purchased the FSX version then sadly you don't qualify for the free upgrade. If you had purchased the P3D version (no sense if you didn't have that sim) then you would get the one for P3D v4 for free. 

I don't know how long ago you purchased it and if these guys had a refund policy maybe you can have some luck there, otherwise it's going to be a new purchase. 

Edit:  you do at least have the possibility of not having to purchase the  product at full price but rather at the upgrade price: 

https://hifisimtech.com/asp4/