Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

MyTraffic - Often No Response to ATC

MyTraffic 6 is working OK with v4.  But, one thing that I note is that ATC will call an A/C and they won't answer which leads to the IFR plan eventually being cancelled.  This happens fairly often.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Default ATC? 

I am experiencing similar behavior with UTL+Radar Contact, but then again UTL is all sorts of screwed up at this point. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yes-default ATC.

Rick Abshier

According to Jeff Smith at Flight1 v4 shipped with a new version of SimConnect which could be causing these things. Honestly I'm not informed enough about it to discuss it on a technical level, but I assume since UTL is behaving in similar fashion, it could related? Is there an official support for v4 from the devs?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi,

There is another thread somewhere here in the forums that deals with this topic among others. The issue seems to be that the respective AC misses the [Radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file.

I have yet not had the time to verify this theory. I have browsed all the Airbus models in the MT6 Aircraft folder but all of them were OK. If time permits I will continue this search with the letter B...

Best Regards
Frank

Unless the user adds the missing [Radios] sections  to aircraft.cfg and updates the FS9 format aircraft  models to FSX, a small number of My Traffic 6 aircraft  will not work correctly in P3d  V4.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Unless the user adds the missing [Radios] sections  to aircraft.cfg and updates the FS9 format aircraft  models to FSX, a small number of My Traffic 6 aircraft  will not work correctly in P3d  V4.

Ah - I will have to check that.  I had thought that the last version of MT had all the models converted to FSX.  But, I did a quick check and found a few without the [Radios] section.

Rick Abshier

52 minutes ago, mdata said:

Hi,

There is another thread somewhere here in the forums that deals with this topic among others. The issue seems to be that the respective AC misses the [Radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file.

I have yet not had the time to verify this theory. I have browsed all the Airbus models in the MT6 Aircraft folder but all of them were OK. If time permits I will continue this search with the letter B...

Best Regards
Frank

Airbus seems OK.  But, by the time that you get to Antonov, you should find some missing [Radios] sections.

Rick Abshier

Hello,

do you have FSUIPC? this has an traffic limiter inside.

The plane, which is not Response was deleted by FSUIPC randomly so it can not answer to ATC.
how to work with this, read FSUIPC Manual. 

44 minutes ago, Alti said:

Hello,

do you have FSUIPC? this has an traffic limiter inside.

The plane, which is not Response was deleted by FSUIPC randomly so it can not answer to ATC.
how to work with this, read FSUIPC Manual. 

OK - is this found in the "regular" manual or the advanced one?

Rick Abshier

This is how to solve the ATC problem.

In fact, the following is what I have done to get mytraffic 6a working correctly in P3D v4.  200 hours of flying using this method all around the world with ZERO crashes and ATC working like it should (I use EditVoicePack XL for the record)

From User @Penz :

From the changelog: "No longer instantiating radios if they are not configured for an object".

I spent a considerable amount of time wondering why AI didn't behave like it used to, but after the hotfix, any AI aircraft that doesn't have a [Radios] section in its "aircraft.cfg" will no longer respond to ATC, and thus not operate correctly. As an example, any AI aircraft without radios within the "bubble" will get stuck on "Clearance" before takeoff.

I don't know about other AI packages, but I do know that a considerable number of aircraft from MT6 are missing that section. After I added radios, they now again behave like they used to.

From User @jabloomf1230 :

These are the Aircraft missing the [Radio] section in their aircraft.cfg.

An12MX An24MX An26MX An30MX An32MX AS365MX ATPMX ATR42MX ATR72MX B717MX B721MX B722MX B732MX B733MX B734MX B735MX B736MX B737MX B738MX B739ERMX B739MX C130MX C172 CH47MX CH53MX Chall300MX Chall600MX Chall850MX CRJ10MX CRJ2MX CRJ7MX CRJ9MX CV440MX DC6MX DC91MX DC93MX DC94MX DC95MX DH6MX DH81MX DH83MX DH84MX DO328MX E2CMX Emb120MX EMB135MX EMB140MX Emb145MX Falcon50MX Fokker27MX Fokker50MX Global_ExpressMX Legacy600MX MD83MX MD87MX MD90MX MirageIIIMX P3MX Saab2000MX Saab340MX SH3MX TransallMX UH1MX UH60MX ViscountMX

You need to manually open each folder listed above in your mytraffic 6 "AIRCRAFT" folder and add these lines into each aircraft.cfg file (I use Notepad++ for this). I added the following lines to the bottom of each aircraft.cfg file.

[Radios]
Audio.1       = 1
Com.1         = 1, 1
Com.2         = 1, 1
Nav.1         = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2         = 1, 1, 0
Adf.1         = 1, 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1      = 1

Your mytraffic 6 planes can now communicate correctly with ATC again.

Last step from me :

Look in your mytraffic 6 "AIRCRAFT" folder and DELETE the following folders :

AS365MX
B707MTM
B742MTM
B762MX
B763MX
BAe1461MX
BAe1462MX
BAe1463MX
CRJ2MX
CV440MX
DC10MTM
DC6MX
DC8-50MX
DC8-61MX
DC8-62MX
DC8-63MX
DC91MX
DC93MX
DC95MX
F14MX
HarrierMX
MD11MX
SH3MX
UH1MX
UH60MX

All of the above folders contain FS9 models, and can crash your sim, they don't work properly anyway, even if they don't cause a crash.  The Harrier above for example is missing part of it's tail and all of it's undercarriage, The above also have black textures and other anomolies.

By doing the above all mytraffic works perfectly for me in P3D v4, no crashes and ATC problems resolved - This includes using the militarytraffic.bgl

Less than half hour of simple editing for proper working AI. Good Luck !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Nice - thanks!

Rick Abshier

Keep in mind that some of those FS9 models aren't used in the 2015  schedules.

Some things come full circle, I guess. I started out with WOAI in FSX  but keeping it up to date is incredibly  tedious. Not to mention  at that time it was mostly FS9 models and FS9 traffic BGL  files. I was willing  to take the weaker looking models of My T 6 because it was all automated in P3d and I really don't spend my flight time ogling at AI aircraft. Now I'm back to using AIG to keep all my AI up to date. It's a pain to initially set up (like WOAI was) but after that it's much better than any of the payware options.

Thanks a lot for the update guys, and thank you Jay for having already identified the AC missing the [Radios] section.
It's a pain rectifying all these models, but I support LM's approach for standardization of everything that wants to play with the simulator. It will be to our benefit in the end.

Cheers
Frank

I feel like Burkhard should be making these fixes not us. After all, this was payware.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3