Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

MyTraffic - Often No Response to ATC

Hi,

Don't expect too much from Burkhard because of his health situation.

You can use my SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models from the respective aircraft.cfg files and add a [Radios] section if needed. You can download the latest version here.

Here's a screenshot:

SimLauncherX-311.jpg

thanks, Maarten

Edited by mawibo
paste image
  • Like 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

30 minutes ago, mawibo said:

Here's a screenshot. (inserting an image does not seem to work right now).

We use BBCode so you should use BBCode Embed and you will get the proper link which you copy and paste here.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

25 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

We use BBCode so you should use BBCode Embed and you will get the proper link which you copy and paste here.

Hi Jim,

I do not understand what you are saying. I have no idea how to insert BBCode, I just click on 'Insert other media|Insert image from URL' and paste the image URL (from fsfiles.org). If I then click on 'Insert into post', nothing happens. It used to work before.

thanks, Maarten

When you upload a photo, you will be given the option to get embed codes.  Click on that and you will be given the opportunity to select BBCode embed.  Select that.  You will then see Viewer links and you open that up and you will see all of the options for BBCode embed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

When you upload a photo, you will be given the option to get embed codes.  Click on that and you will be given the opportunity to select BBCode embed.  Select that.  You will then see Viewer links and you open that up and you will see all of the options for BBCode embed.

Hi Jim,

Thanks, that worked and I have updated my post above.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

anyone know why the structure or folder for C172 is different than all the others?  I have no .cfg file in that folder.  Trying to make the radio edits.

Thanks Jason

25 minutes ago, jasonstory44 said:

anyone know why the structure or folder for C172 is different than all the others?  I have no .cfg file in that folder.  Trying to make the radio edits.

Thanks Jason

P3d has never has a default Cessna 172, either flyable or AI (unless someone else thinks that P3d V4 now has it). The rumor is that Textron licensed the original C172 model to Microsoft andthe permission was not transferred to LM. My T 6 refers to the FSX C172 and since it's missing in P3d, this model does not show up at all. However, people have made the C172 work either by referring to the version from FSX (which has the [Radios] section in aircraft.cfg). First, check to see whether you already a have a C172 in your \SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

I don't have one Jabloom.  Just have the A2A version but I assume thats totally different.   So is it best just to delete that folder entirely?  Or just leave it?

Thanks Jason

Without the folder, all the  MyT 6 flight AI schedules that refer to the C172 will just be ignored, unless for some reason, your setup refers to a SimObject with the identical line in its aircraft.cfg file:

sim=Cessna172SP

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Without the folder, all the  MyT 6 flight AI schedules that refer to the C172 will just be ignored, unless for some reason, your setup refers to a SimObject with the identical line in its aircraft.cfg file:

sim=Cessna172SP

Hi Jay,

That's not how it works I'm afraid. The 'sim=Cessna172SP' line in the aircraft.cfg file refers to the Cessna172SP.air file in the same folder as the aircraft.cfg file (i.e. the flight dynamics file). The AI traffic file refers to aircraft identified by the 'title=...' line in one of the [fltsim.x] sections of an aircraft.cfg file and this title must be unique across all of your installed aircraft. A particular aircraft can share it's panel, (part of) it's textures, sounds, model or flight dynamics file with another aircraft (in a completely different place in the folder structure if need be), but the title must still be unique.

Maarten

Yes title. Sorry. It goes by paint as you point out.

5 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi Jay,

That's not how it works I'm afraid. The 'sim=Cessna172SP' line in the aircraft.cfg file refers to the Cessna172SP.air file in the same folder as the aircraft.cfg file (i.e. the flight dynamics file). The AI traffic file refers to aircraft identified by the 'title=...' line in one of the [fltsim.x] sections of an aircraft.cfg file and this title must be unique across all of your installed aircraft. A particular aircraft can share it's panel, (part of) it's textures, sounds, model or flight dynamics file with another aircraft (in a completely different place in the folder structure if need be), but the title must still be unique.

Maarten

So, if I would change the title of one of the 172SP planes, does that mean that MT6 couldn't use that one as AI any longer?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Rick,

If MyTraffic uses a plane with the title Cessna172SP and if you have an aircraft with exactly this title, then, yes, you will not see this aircraft as an AI aircraft.

Maarten