Sign in to follow this  
lennie

A MOBO for max 2.0 ports?

Going to update my machine with i7-7700k and 2- GTX1080ti cards. Will need a new MOBO with as many 2.0 ports as possible, as i have 13 saitek panels/FIPs. Need suggestions on what to buy! thanks for help, guys!

Thanks, Glynn

Will check them out.

I recently upgraded my rig & like you Glynn have heaps of USB peripherals & ended up settling on the ASUS ROG IX HERO. Has 9 ports at the back that can be used with standard USB connectors plus a Type C (nothing I have is Type C).

Another neat thing is it has is one of the ports can be used to flash your Bios without starting the computer which I found very handy.

I nearly went with the TUF however for the extra port plus a couple of other features swayed me to the Hero. 

I still need a Hub for all my bits however have scaled back from two to one.

You won't go wrong with either of these or the Strix series either. Though one of them is not a full length board so the end has no direct support though I doubt that would be an issue.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Hi Rossco!!

Thanks for that! Will that Mobo take the i7-7700k?? Getting enough power to light up all my saitek panels and FIPs is my biggest problem. When I start FSX a few of them will start; reboot and some different ones will start, but not all. Frustrating!

5 minutes ago, lennie said:

Hi Rossco!!

Thanks for that! Will that Mobo take the i7-7700k?? Getting enough power to light up all my saitek panels and FIPs is my biggest problem. When I start FSX a few of them will start; reboot and some different ones will start, but not all. Frustrating!

Forgot to mention that I am using 4 - Belkin 7-port powered hubs, with no luck.

Hi Lennie,

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Have been travelling & a bit busy.

Yes I am running a 7700K with great results.

I'm using all ports at the back plus one of the internal USB inputs on top of the case (Thermaltake Chaser II) in addition to one 7 port powered hub & all work fine. I have even got my older PFC USB Desktop Yoke to work fine by plugging it into the USB 3.0 input.

Pretty happy with the board to date.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

OK thanks. Am about ready to order that MOBO!