Sign in to follow this  
Mudder9000

SCENERY.CFG file error

Hello i have FSX steam edition and FSX Gold edition. Now with FSX steam i got this problem where i go to load up at a location i get these problems. http://prntscr.com/fxd70r   http://prntscr.com/fxd5pc     http://prntscr.com/fxd534        http://prntscr.com/fxjzna Take a look at those 4 screenshots because i have no idea how to fix that problem with both FSX steam and Gold edition. I had recently uninstalled FSX steam to see if the problem would go away and reinstalled it but unfortunately that did not solve the problem and so i uninstalled FSX steam again and i went and go ahead and decided to install FSX Gold edition which now is giving me the same problem so I don't know how to fix that if anyone here does please tell me thank you. And now i'm getting this error as well which I don't know how it happen. http://prntscr.com/fxkdng

You will need to verify the integrity of your FSX-SE cashe.

To verify you game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Split from Necropost.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, charliearon said:

You will need to verify the integrity of your FSX-SE cashe.

To verify you game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

I already tried that a few times with FSX Steam and still no luck. Not sure what else I could do. Would you happen to know another solution for FSX steam or FSX Gold edition.

You have no airports or scenery other than what you have shown in your Scenery Library.  Look

in your main FSX or FSX-SE folder and see if you have a Scenery folder there.  It should be filled

with scenery areas along with folders labeled World, Global, etc.

Should look like this: each folder should have a bunch of .bgl files in them.

SceneryFolder.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

44 minutes ago, charliearon said:

You have no airports or scenery other than what you have shown in your Scenery Library.  Look

in your main FSX or FSX-SE folder and see if you have a Scenery folder there.  It should be filled

with scenery areas along with folders labeled World, Global, etc.

Should look like this: each folder should have a bunch of .bgl files in them.

SceneryFolder.jpg

I have the Scenery folder filled yes http://prntscr.com/fxr8ag here's a screenshot

librarypart3.jpglibrarypart2.jpgOK, I'm going to show my Scenery Library minus my 30 or so addon sceneries and not going to show

everything because it would take about 6 screenshots to do so.  It also has 1107Base through

0000Base which is about 4 screenshots more than I need to show.  It's also not in

the correct order, but you can see the difference between this and yours.

Librarypart1.jpg

Charlie Aron

This is the message I get when I load up my simulator "Flight Simulator requires at least one each of the following to run: an airport, a VOR, an NDB, and a waypoint. There is currently no airports in the dataset. Flight simulator will now exit." http://prntscr.com/fxkdng here's a screen shot of the message. if you have teamspeaks3 it would be great so i could talk to you by voice show you. Here's the address for teamspeak3 fsxflyingclub.teamspeak3.com

Edited by Jim Young

Sorry, Homie don't do that!  And you don't have to quote me each time.  I hope you didn't delete your

Addon Scenery folder!  You are missing all of your default scenery stuff in the Scenery Library.

You must have deleted something you shouldn't have!

Charlie Aron

Guest JustanotherPilot

Have you tried rebuilding your scenery cfg file with Scenery Configurator 1.1.9(latest release), this allows you to read the cfg directly and add or edit entries then save/backup.

Hello

Yes what Steve just said 

The message you are seeing below is due to a corrupt Scenery.cfg file 

Flight Simulator requires at least one each of the following to run: an airport, a VOR, an NDB, and a waypoint. There is currently no airports in the dataset. Flight simulator will now exit

Thanks for the additional help Elaine and Steve.  I figured his Scenery.cfg was goofed up!:blink:

Charlie Aron

I still have my Addon Scenery folder and all that so idk if should just get a new Scenery.cfg or copy the stuff from FSX steam to FSX Gold edition. If so let me know 

charliearon is right, you have a corrupt scenery.cfg file. This happened to me often and many a time I had to reinstall FSX\accl. what a drag when it come to everything I had added specially scenery. Then I learned from a simmer here in the forum some few years ago to use: FSTscenery.exe which reorganizes the .cfg file and Places everything in the correct order. You just download it and put the folder in the same folder where the scenery.cfg file resides, in program files.

Hope this helps.

Berlopez