Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki Design - New York Airports v2 released

I've never bought one of your products as yet, but i've looked from time to time, but now i think it's time to give it a shot. I mean, demo? For that money i think i can't really go wrong... The screenshots look really nice with great detailing.

Just bought all of them.... JFK looks much better. DD also included the brand new JFK high speed taxiways on the 4 runway....you cannot possibly have a more up to date JFK than this one!! 

Eric 

DD has amazing sceneries and P3Dv4 could not have come at a better time!  Just ordered both airport packages.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Waiting for performance reports.

NAX669.png

Can someone share performance for the city in V4 ?

2 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Well, maybe not a waste but I agree NYAv1 wasn't our best product ever.

Yeah, probably a little too strongly said on my part.  Not a waste...just not as good as I'd expected.  Flew out of KEWR once and flew into KJFK once.  Decent looking list. Hoping these do better. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have just installed KEWR, KLGA and KJFK from DD and desactivated my FSDT JFK. Together with NYCv2 (LowTex) it is even flyable with PMDGs T7 on moderate settings. Only thing I observe are black texture poppings (NYC buildings and ground as well as ai a/c) in turns or when changing views. But this was also the case before I installed those three airports. I guess my hardware is a little too weak for this area.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Ughh...word of caution. Installed via the installer (did not change anything as far as path, etc..) and P3D was CTD after the initial startup screen, I selected KIAH (was going to fly to KEWR) and P3D would CTD after I selected to load the scenario. Also tried the default scenario and still got the same result. Deleting the NY airports from the addons folder and add-ons.cfg entry inside ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prerpar3D v4 cured it. DD might have something messed up in the installer. 

Even loading the scenery the old way via the scenery.cfg causes a CTD. Must be a file that the sim don't like somewhere within. 

Eric 

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ughh...word of caution. Installed via the installer (did not change anything as far as path, etc..) and P3D was CTD after the initial startup screen, I selected KIAH (was going to fly to KEWR) and P3D would CTD after I selected to load the scenario. Also tried the default scenario and still got the same result. Deleting the NY airports from the addons folder and add-ons.cfg entry inside ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prerpar3D v4 cured it. DD might have something messed up in the 

Check encoding in addon.xml with Notepad++. Mine was set as UTF-8.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

1 hour ago, xenonsk said:

Check encoding in addon.xml with Notepad++. Mine was set as UTF-8.

DD needs to fix that. I dont have that program and dont intend on downloading it to fix a dev error.

And I tried adding in the scenery the old way via manually putting in the entries into the Scenery.cfg without the addon.xml stuff and still wouldn't work. 

Eric 

From someone who works there, EWR was pretty good. The hangers were updated to UNITED now as well as some other nice touches. The key will be to see how it performs at night. Frames were in the upper 20s for me and there was no pop  in on runway or taxiway textures. Placement of "flavor" equipment was pretty good (ramp equipment and such).

The city of Newark has some good touches as you can see the arena where the NJ Devils play as well as well as some other notable buildings you would see landing on the 22s. One thing I did not notice was the soccer arena, but maybe I missed that.  

All in all I'd recommend (so far, have to see frames at night).

PS: In about two years Terminal A will be getting the expansion treatment so get v3 ready! LOL

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

LOL I want Teterborough and Newark of course so I'll have to get both packages.  No problem, I believe in supporting quality developers like Drzewiecki.

Dan Downs KCRP

Indeed! It's absolutely worth it, IMO.

Both KJFK and KEWR looks really good.

I can't seem to get SODE jetways to work... Don't really know why. The connections is up but when I try SHIFT-D it just says "No triggerable objects found within 12 km..." and GSX doesn't recognize it either. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471