Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki Design - New York Airports v2 released

2 hours ago, him225 said:

The airfield should be dark agreed but the parking areas and terminals would be well illuminated which are as much dark with DD when HDR is off. There are couple of posts on their forums of dark airport at night where users were asked to turn on HDR to make the lighting appear correctly.

I got to tell you, I imagine some terminals are bright on the airside as opposed to the landside but for instance at Atlanta, other than some light coming from the windows which is not very much, the only lighting on them is the ambient light from the sodium lights that are shining down and away from the building. Rest of the building is dark.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

So DD did it right then. I've stayed at the Renaissance Marriott hotel literally right next to the airfield in Atlanta where you have a unobstructed view of the whole airport. At night the airport is unbelievably dark. The only lights really are the sodium lights at the gates. The rest is very dark. That's been a fault of many developers, making their night textures very unrealistically bright. So a dark airport is good.

I am not a scenery designer but I would guess that this was done to counter the very poor lighting engine in flight sim until P3Dv4.

I'm really wanting to purchase New York Airports v2 to replace the outdated FSDT version but between this forum and theres there seems to be a lot of install issues and CTD's. I spent over a week getting P3Dv4 running great and would hate to have it crash due to scenery issues. Has anyone moved over from FSDT JFK and not experienced any DD install issues that others are reporting? I hear there working on a 2.1 update. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Uninstalled the FSDT version. Installed both DD packages into Prepar3d4. No issues so far.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

Uninstalled the FSDT version. Installed both DD packages into Prepar3d4. No issues so far.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks. I hear DD is working on a 2.1 installer. I'll wait for it to be released before I purchase. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I'm really wanting to purchase New York Airports v2 to replace the outdated FSDT version but between this forum and theres there seems to be a lot of install issues and CTD's. I spent over a week getting P3Dv4 running great and would hate to have it crash due to scenery issues. Has anyone moved over from FSDT JFK and not experienced any DD install issues that others are reporting? I hear there working on a 2.1 update. 

Also running fine here after uninstalling FSDT KJFK.  I installed KJFK, KEWR and KLGA and all have been working fine and look great.  My only issue is that I cannot get any AI aircraft to show up at KLGA and it shows intermittently at KJFK. This could be an issue with UTLive though. KEWR is chock full of AI traffic. I actually just landed at KEWR at dusk in the NGX with a lot of clouds and never dipped below high 20's FPS on approach/landing and had zero stutters. I have mostly avoided that entire area in the past due to performance and OOM issues so it was nice to fly in without troubles for once!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

NY Airports v2 X package has been updated to version v2.1 .

Here is the list of changes:
- Enhanced NW surrounding of KTEB Teterboro airport to include the newly constructed buildings (reworked ground image, autogen and 15 buildings added)
- KJFK and KEWR AFDs updated to include IFR approaches for default ATC
- Dimmer runway light texture included as an option
- KJFK - night textures fixed
- KJFK - 3 demolished hangars removed from the airport

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

NY Airports v2 X package has been updated to version v2.1 .

Here is the list of changes:
- Enhanced NW surrounding of KTEB Teterboro airport to include the newly constructed buildings (reworked ground image, autogen and 15 buildings added)
- KJFK and KEWR AFDs updated to include IFR approaches for default ATC
- Dimmer runway light texture included as an option
- KJFK - night textures fixed
- KJFK - 3 demolished hangars removed from the airport

Anyone know if SimMarket has updated there version? I just purchased today. 

Dan

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Anyone know if SimMarket has updated there version? I just purchased today. 

Yes.Got e-mail from simmmarket about update.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Just now, xenonsk said:

Yes.Got e-mail from simmmarket about update.

Thanks, downloading now. 

Dan

I installed the new scenery but I'm getting bad building flickering. Only happens with this scenery. 

Dan

I installed all six NYv2 airports this morning then spent an hour trying to get the SODE jetway to agree to work with a PMDG 77W in the AA Terminal Gate 16.  After slewing around I found that if the aircraft is to the right of the parking centerline about 5 feet then SODE is happy and connects.  The small airports look great but KEWR and KJFK are just mediocre in my opinion, about a decade behind in building surface textures or materials.  All in all I'm happy because I have a KTEB and a KEWR but I am on the fence with KJFK and KEWR.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I installed the new scenery but I'm getting bad building flickering. Only happens with this scenery. 

Problem fixed. FSDT was causing issues even though I deactivated it.

Dan

I'm not sure I'm going to stick with this guy.  Landing during dawn I was distracted at his forced fake light glows sticking up from lamps like little candles, and I am still trying to get support from him.  I registered at the forum but didn't get a confirmation email and I sent a support email but no reply.  I am also amazed at this guy's audacity to claim his AFCADs cannot be modified with ADE because that constitutes reverse engineering... well how else are you going to modify his simplistic apron links meant for AI aircraft (I never use) so you can get a realistic push back path using GSX.  I suspect the longer I stew over this decision to try DRZ the more likely I will be removing it from my world.

Dan Downs KCRP