Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki Design - New York Airports v2 released

1 hour ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Please do not post hate speech about us - we always try to answer each and every customer message and accusing us of poor customer service is very much unfair. Nobody blocked you from our support forum. Sometimes customers' e-mail providers block our e-mails but this is not our fault. You can always contact us directly on e-mail and ask to manually activate your forum account. There is really no problem with that.

I've sent you emails and I've checked the spam folder at my POP and on my workstation, no joy. I do not get upset when a forum email function fails, it happens and just the other day I got a confirmation email from one developer's forum that was over 3 months old.  I gave up on you when you didn't answer my direct email sent to the address on your web page.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 hours ago, downscc said:

I gave up on you when you didn't answer my direct email sent to the address on your web page.

Actually your e-mail from July 30th was answered on July 31st and your forum account was manually activated right away http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3006 but you have never logged-in again.

csupport_zpsyncortkf.jpg

13 hours ago, Alan_A said:

I think you mean to say "criticism," or maybe even "harsh criticism."  Hate speech is something different. It's important to draw the distinction.

Indeed, this might be related to local meaning of that term but the idea was that while "critisism" can be used to make something better (a product or servise), the hateful speech can not since it only describes a negative emotion/experience without any details or possible solutions. This is not the first time Downscc customer is not happy with us - f/e he has posted some 1* comments at stores (which is always not good for sales) only because some of our products were not compatible with platforms he wanted to use (P3Dv3/v4 in that case) which was at least not fair in my opinion. I have tried to contact him to make his experience with our product better but he never answered to me e-mail.

While even harsh critisism is good for the market as it leads directly to better products, hateful speech is never good for anything as it can't be used for anything rather than demotivating everyone reading it.

In light of this, I wish all developers would either. These are primarily the things that would cause me (and I suspect a lot of others) to go editing an AFD file.  I really have no interest in editing AFD files, but sometimes it's necessary to do some of this clean up and make the airport function as it does in real life.

We should start from the fact that FS default ATC and AI is very unrealistic by design, especially outside the US. It is a game-like feature and has nothing to do with the simulation of real operations. There are no realistic transition altitudes/levels, the correspondence is not realistic at all (at least outside the US), aircraft are vectored extremely weird, no real world procedures are used like SID/STARs etc. Please note that this system was developed 10 years ago so there were probably limitations but even now there are 2 alternatives - VATSIM/IVAO flying which is the most realistic experience you can get from an ATC in the sim and some commercial ATC programs, which are not and can not be as good as VATSIM but are better than default ATC.

Dear Mr. Drzewiecki,

Unfortunately, Mr. Downs seems to be having some "issues" (IMHO).

He suggested I should go find another hobby besides flight sims. Perhaps he needs to heed his own advise.

Myself, I have KEWR and I am in the process of moving from v.34 to v4, so hopefully the MyTraffic AFCADS and GSX finding the wrong files can be resolved

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren

6 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

We should start from the fact that FS default ATC and AI is very unrealistic by design, especially outside the US. It is a game-like feature and has nothing to do with the simulation of real operations. There are no realistic transition altitudes/levels, the correspondence is not realistic at all (at least outside the US), aircraft are vectored extremely weird, no real world procedures are used like SID/STARs etc.

Sure, but all i'm saying is that by checking a few boxes in an AFD editor, the default ATC can be made to function much better and it can reduce people's need to edit AFD files, which you do not allow.

I never mentioned trying to fix all of ATC's woes through an AFD file.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

checking a few boxes in an AFD editor, the default ATC can be made to function much better

We would actually be happy to work with a person who has an extended knowledge and experience in this matter.

1 hour ago, BuddyDog said:

Mr. Downs seems to be having some "issues"

This is absolutely not something I would be willing to discuss but since non-true comments about our poor customer support can influence some peoples' decision whether to buy our products or not, I wanted to clear that up. But now excuse me, Everett is waiting. :)

747%20-%20Kopia_zpsftw0zfsu.jpg

• Upvote 3

I'd be happy to help

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

But now excuse me, Everett is waiting. :)

747%20-%20Kopia_zpsftw0zfsu.jpg

Yes, I am not flying to KSEA until I get my hands on this so really looking forward to it. 

Eric 

Hello all,

I purchased New York City X for V4 and KEWR for V4. I'm really happy with them both, the city certainly comes to life. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a PDF user guide that recommends the best in sim settings for New York City X, I can't seem to find one. I've looked on my Sim Market Account and on the installer. The reason I ask is I get a few blurry textures sometimes when flying over and was just wondering if I tweaked my in sim sliders it may improve. 

Really happy with my purchases,

Many Thanks,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Seems Mr. Downs has suddenly gone missing.

I own DD products and am happy with all of them. For those expecting FlightBeam level detail in every airport they buy, they're going to be sorely disappointed in most products from most developers. I find the DD airports to be nicely detailed and reasonably easy on computer resources.

I have not been successful registering for DD forums, and have not received a response to my email to them...but I still like their products.

I'll continue trying to solve my problem registering on DD forums...maybe Mr. Downs should do the same...or just move on.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just picked up DD JFK, lga, etc today and am happy with it as well. Not flightbeam detail, but good looking airports that are easy on the system. I particularly like JFK better than the fsdt version. I think it's a great value for what you get ($16 on fspilotshop). This fills a big void for airports in the NYC area and gets the job done. Good job DD! 

Orman

Isn't Dan a PMDG beta tester? he probably has only a limited time to sim and might not be the most tech gifted person out there to figure things out, like many of us are.

I'm happy with the DD airports and the discount prices for purchasers of the last version.

Everett looks great, and if you could do the airports Norwegian serves like pvd and swf the region would be even better!

On 8/13/2017 at 9:47 PM, somiller said:

I have not been successful registering for DD forums, and have not received a response to my email to them...but I still like their products.

I'll continue trying to solve my problem registering on DD forums...maybe Mr. Downs should do the same...or just move on.

Wanted to report that after sending another email to DD in which I included a backup email address, I received an almost immediate reply to my backup email address from Stanislaw of DD. He indicated that my account had been created (it had, I logged into it) and he attached evidence showing that the primary email provider of my @ameritech.net email account was blocking DD emails. I think @ameritech.net is an ATT-Yahoo domain.

Thanks Stanislaw and DD.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Am I the only one who thinks it is a pitty that KLGA represents a state how it will/might be in the future? We have already a competitor who did a future version. A future version makes the airport pretty useless for the famous online networks. Yes, runways are the same but the apron is totally different as far as I can tell. So still no decent version of the state right now (and I know that is changing a lot over time...)...

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I'm a bit on the fence about purchasing the Airports. NYC looks amazing and your other products, like DC, really push the scale in terms of quality but after reading FSElite's review on JFK, I'm on the fence. The modeling looks superb but the textures on the terminals look subpar to me. I'm a United Virtual word not allowed so I'd be using KEWR the most but I just wanted to get some opinions on the texturing situation because as we all know, textures can make or break a product.

• Upvote 1

Definitely not the greatest texturing on terminal buildings. I don't have ewr though. I still think bang for your buck, its worth it. Isn't there a 30% off sale going on now? 

• Upvote 1

Orman