Sign in to follow this  
Maveric751

Is the TBM 850 updated for P3D V4 yet?

Chuck,  I guess I've been lucky then.  Thanks for the update though.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

As I reported earlier, when I submitted a trouble ticket to Carenado they promptly informed me that there was a known problem with their G1000 implementation that was caused by P3D V4, and that the problem would be fixed with the release of P3D V4.1.   Well, I have that update (version 4.0.8.28.21686), and I'd say the results are not too good.  It's still a really terrible implementation of the G1000, which is why so many of you are using Bert's GTN 750.  In fact, I may end up using it as well.  

I always fly on VATSIM, so for now I file as a /W or even a /A.  When I take off I operate the aircraft as if it were /A and then use the "Direct To" feature to input the first waypoint into the G1000.  Then I go to the FPL page and input the rest of the waypoints into the flight plan.  I even input the destination airport, although I have NOT been flying RNAV arrivals or approaches.  This seems to work, except that P3D just crashed as I was typing this.  I just love it.  

I must have 1500 VATSIM hours flying the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang (on FSX), and that G1000 implementation is wonderful.  It even flies the curved RNAV approach to RWY 20 at KGPI.  But this Carenado product is not useable.  

Hmmm......Bert, you may be getting a PM from me in the near future.  

50 minutes ago, KSAN_Chuck said:

Well, I have that update (version 4.0.8.28.21686), and I'd say the results are not too good.

You should be on version 4.1.7.22841.

Greggy_D, you are correct.  I thought the update (version 4.1.7.22841) was an update--i.e., you install it OVER the existing software (which in my case was 4.0.28.21686).  But I was wrong--I guess you should uninstall the installed version and then reinstall with the new version.  

As it turned out, I reloaded my flying box from the O/S up (for other unrelated reasons) and installed version 4.1.7.22841.   So maybe I'll give the TBM another try.  On thing for sure is that I will keep hoping that the folks over at Flight1 will get their Mustang running on P3D V4.x.  

Edited by KSAN_Chuck
clarity

I've made 6+ flights in the TBM after getting P3D V4 (4.1.7.22841), and I like it.  The G1000 isn't very good, as you all know.  That's why so many of you are using Bert's GTN750.  But the G1000 is fine for en route guidance, so I am happy for now.  

However, as soon as I post this I'll be sending Bert a PM to ask for his goodies.  

Happy flying to all....