Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

test for dropbox link

Thanks for verifying this. I've been having problems posting images since photobucket blocked my account because I image host ? I was been trying for three days to reactivate my dropbox account since something happened and I couldn't get link to my images, therefore I made this test.

Thank you:

Berlopez

All my images in my photobucket account are showing like a Grey Square with a clock in it that says 100% 3rd party hosting. I have also recieved two e-mails from them where they guide me to pay them 399 US to continue to use their site and get a photobucket.com /P500 account  extortting the Money ?

Yep, no more free photobucket!  Bummer, eh?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Bummer indeed Charliearon; specially the extortion of 399US to continue to use theire hosting services, I feel punished for having used them in the past, though have to admit it was useful and fun,as lomg as it lasted, reason why I am attempting to use my dropbox links Again, despite theire bad popularity, at least here.

Have a nice weekend: Berlopez

Test result: Fail

Your sig image is gone. Just a reminder to up your membership.

I rarely post images, but Flickr seems ok for me.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

RichieFly: Thanks for noticing my sig image was also hosted by photobucket :dry:

Thanks for the reminder of Flickr, not all is lost...

Berlopez

Yeah, Dropbox made a change that resulted in it not working for Images. Sucks.  Get a free account, have it grow over the years by referring others, and then they purposes changed it so we can't use it for images.  A lot of people (including me) sounded off in the forum about this but they absolutely don't care.

Mark One, Mod 0 Jerks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

27 minutes ago, Berlopez said:

RichieFly: Thanks for noticing my sig image was also hosted by photobucket :dry:

Thanks for the reminder of Flickr, not all is lost...

Berlopez

Well since you figured it out and the test was confirmed, I'm going to lock it since it doesn't really have anything to do with FSX and so no one will dig it up in the future.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I will move it to Hangar Chat.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10