Sign in to follow this  
CPC900

Professional Flight Planner X p3d v4

I was just wondering, if anyone has any problems with Professional Flight Planner X in P3D V4 because I was thinking of picking it up.  My understanding always was, that it is a good program and works well with PMDG aircraft!?

Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Hi,

PFPX is simulator agnostic. Meaning it doesn't care about the simulator you used.

However, importing a flight plan is another story. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think that only aircraft designed to import (FSL A320x, for example) flight plans will work. I don't remember as I don't use that feature. I just plan a flight and print out the release pages.

As far as which aircraft work; yes, the PMDG models are represented. Generally speaking, the major transport aircraft are represented as are corporate jets and turboprops. The list of aircraft supported is large, but not all inclusive. I suppose there's a way to check which aircraft are included. (Google)

I like PFPX. Could I get by with other freeware flight planners? Certainly.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

As Richard mentioned, PFPX works outside your simulator of choice. As such it allows you to export routes to almost all simulators (except anything by Dovetail Games, unless they use the same format as FSX). So to answer your question, yes it does work with P3D v4 (You won't have an explicit option to export to v4 directly, but you can easily direct the P3D v3 option in it to v4). 

As for all the aircraft and add-ons it supports, you can take a look at this PDF here. There are also plenty of user created files that enhance the natively supported aircraft, plus additional updates to each AIRAC cycle (RADs, airspaces, airline specific OFP formats, etc). You can find all of them through their download section on the Aerosoft forum, here. I highly recommend you download the aircraft performance files from FlyPrecisely (forum username 'inlovewithboeing') as they're a lot more defined in their values which offer greater accuracy as well as flexibility options within PFPX to match an operators need (engine type, thrust rating, fuel consumption, etc) should you wish to go the extra mile in your planning needs.

Feel free to message me here if you need any help getting started with it. The software has a learning curve but it is also extremely rewarding at the end and that is something I haven't yet been able to achieve with any freeware offering. 

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

I think that only aircraft designed to import (FSL A320x, for example) flight plans will work

Correction, aircraft that don't import flight plans directly into the FMS, such as the PMDG NGX, can easily be used with PFPX.  Save the rte file to the appropriate folder and the FMS will find it using CO ROUTE features.

It is worth the cost if you want to do long haul planning.  It can use the same weather as the flight simulator and if has ETOPS and Re-Displatch planning both important for long haul.

Dan Downs KCRP

Folks,

I have been using  SimBrief for years,   It does it all, and free, although I donate to the owner often.  SimBrief, gives you a very detailed complete dispatch, and you can print it,, if you want. It's just like I used to get when I was flying the line.

I am surprised more people don't to use it !!!

Jerry Friz

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jfriz said:

Folks,

I have been using  SimBrief for years,   It does it all, and free, although I donate to the owner often.  SimBrief, gives you a very detailed complete dispatch, and you can print it,, if you want. It's just like I used to get when I was flying the line.

I am surprised more people don't to use it !!!

Jerry Friz

After seeing your post, I revisited SimBrief. 

Thanks for the mention as I was very impressed and possibly in love.

I'll be using this for certain.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

PFPX offers more flexibility than SimBrief.  For example, you can use different weather programs (Active Sky, REX, FSGRW, or online), adjustable weight and balance internally and with TOPCAT, plus with PFPX it is a lot easier to modify current and saved flights. 

I have used both and highly recommend PFPX if you have the funds for it along with Navigraph or Aerosoft's navdata. 

• Upvote 6

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

34 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

PFPX offers more flexibility than SimBrief.  For example, you can use different weather programs (Active Sky, REX, FSGRW, or online), adjustable weight and balance internally and with TOPCAT, plus with PFPX it is a lot easier to modify current and saved flights. 

I have used both and highly recommend PFPX if you have the funds for it along with Navigraph or Aerosoft's navdata. 

+ historic weather, specific aircraft load profiles, current flown routes / restrictions etc etc

for now, cheers

john martin

I only fly PMDG, so I just had to update my flight plan directory paths of rP3Dv4

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

PFPX can be very simple to use, yet it can also be very powerful once you've figured a bit of it out.  It is fabulous for being able to customise fuel policy, alternates, aircraft details, fuel burns etc.  There isn't much it doesn't do really...

I highly recommend it.

Cheers,

10 hours ago, jfriz said:

It does it all

Not saying that SimBrief isn't a really good tool, but saying "it does it all" in comparison with PFPX is completely untrue. PFPX does a hell of a lot more, and the price tag is well justified. It also gets regular free updates with new features being added all the time.

• Upvote 4

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks for the input guys!  I am sure I will end up getting PFPX (The cash I would have used for it, just went to the DC6 lol)

Bruce

Bruce Wood

On 7/20/2017 at 7:47 AM, nealmac said:

Not saying that SimBrief isn't a really good tool, but saying "it does it all" in comparison with PFPX is completely untrue. PFPX does a hell of a lot more, and the price tag is well justified. It also gets regular free updates with new features being added all the time.

We must use different tools then. Wasn't the last PFPX update about a yer ago, or nearly so?

1 hour ago, icemarkom said:

Wasn't the last PFPX update about a yer ago

It got a minor update a few days ago. A major update is said to be coming soon.

Walter Meier

3 hours ago, wsmeier said:

It got a minor update a few days ago. A major update is said to be coming soon.

Again, it must be a different tool, or I have no idea how to check for updates, as the latest my PFPX is reporting is 1.28, and their website shows the same. It has been many months since I installed that...