Sign in to follow this  
luizcaeiro

How to Install Updates in Prepar3dv4

I´d like to understand the new dinamics at instalation of updates in prepar3dv4.

Operations Center sent a message that new updates for 7772 and 7773 are available and asked me if I want to install it. I said ok and just a message showed up telling me that I´ve have to make a full install.

I downloaded the full installer, but when I try to install it showed me  three options:

a) modify

b) repair

c) remove.

should I remove the former version and reinstall the new one?

After that all my flights saved and my previous setup will be deleted?

Thanks for any help???

Luiz Carlos Caeiro de Almeida

2 minutes ago, luizcaeiro said:

I´d like to understand the new dinamics at instalation of updates in prepar3dv4.

Operations Center sent a message that new updates for 7772 and 7773 are available and asked me if I want to install it. I said ok and just a message showed up telling me that I´ve have to make a full install.

I downloaded the full installer, but when I try to install it showed me  three options:

a) modify

b) repair

c) remove.

should I remove the former version and reinstall the new one?

After that all my flights saved and my previous setup will be deleted?

Thanks for any help???

Luiz Carlos Caeiro de Almeida

Yep uninstall the old version first. Don't use the installers, use the Windows Add/Remove programs. You won't lose flights etc, and once you've reinstalled with the new installers, when you run the operations centre it'll give you an option to repair any installed liveries.

Pay attention not to use the panelstate file of the old B777 version in the new one. According to my own experience, i got CTD with the new version when I tried to change time or airport. This issue was fixed when I deleted the panelstate file and created a brand new one.

Rgds

Jean-Pierre