Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Something for people who LOVE airplanes and flying...

Really excited about this one :biggrin::biggrin: Huge thanks to all the PMDG staff for making this community what it is.

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

1 hour ago, mcbellette said:

Robert, where's the autopilot panel?

There is no big autopilot panel. On this aircraft it is very simple.

Once you engage it you have a wheel to increase/decrease tehrate of climb, one switch to activte/disable altitude hold, a knob to make the aircraft turn left or right. and a switch to choose between three navigation mode.

Gyro to basically just do what you want, make it turn left/right, climb descend, Localizer which will follow a NAV radial or GPS/Garmin flightplan, and Approach for approach. That is about it :)

• Upvote 1

By the way do you have plans for updating the XP version with the 11 version as some things have changed an apparently not everything is perfectly right though it is still quite flyable :)

• Upvote 1

Excellent news! I've been waiting for this day since 2012 :smile:

Just one question: Has the engine start procedure been improved so that one can manually prime the engine during engine start up?

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I'll take it!

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

Oh boy....I told myself don't buy this, you probably will not fly it very much but man that description is so so tempting.  I also love these old birds and navigating VOR to VOR to NDB, etc.  Might have to re-think this one.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

16 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Oh boy....I told myself don't buy this, you probably will not fly it very much but man that description is so so tempting.  I also love these old birds and navigating VOR to VOR to NDB, etc.  Might have to re-think this one.

I had the same conversation with myself too! d'oh

2 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

There is no big autopilot panel. On this aircraft it is very simple.

Once you engage it you have a wheel to increase/decrease tehrate of climb, one switch to activte/disable altitude hold, a knob to make the aircraft turn left or right. and a switch to choose between three navigation mode.

Gyro to basically just do what you want, make it turn left/right, climb descend, Localizer which will follow a NAV radial or GPS/Garmin flightplan, and Approach for approach. That is about it :)

I know that - I was attempting to tease Robert!

3 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

By the way do you have plans for updating the XP version with the 11 version as some things have changed an apparently not everything is perfectly right though it is still quite flyable :)

As per PMDG policy, they'll announce something when they have something to announce. If they haven't said something, that means they have nothing to say at the moment. Keep in mind that installing into XP-11 is not supported/recommended and the product was never intended for it.

Seems like at least a handful of avsim members who were thinking not to buy it decided to buy after reading Robert's message. That's job well done!

Ahmet Can

I cannot find the words...Honestly, I said to my wife, "you are not to worry, I will never ever even think about getting this one, you don't need to hide the credit card". There is enough on my must-buy list already. Why would I buy a crappy rusty piece of stone age airliner anyways...

And then, what a misfortune, I somehow came across Robert's introduction... man, why are you doing this to me? ...I knew I should avoid reading it... But my eyes were drawn into the pictures, and couldn't help but read it and like someone after hypnosis I was a changed man when finishing. It's your fault! Sir Robert Randazzo, it's your fault, really! Now the least I expect from you is that you call my wife and tell her where did that money go from the account!

Apart from the fact that this mouth watering description along with the carefully composed, framed and selected images immediately sold the product, I am truly amazed how talented a salesmen Robert actually is. Scott Gentile of A2A comes to my mind, it's the same passion, enthusiasm and dedication and very similar sales skills too. But sales skills aren't everything. Your love for the hobby clearly shows off every time you are talking about not only your own breed but flight simulation in general, no matter if it's an ultramodern jetliner or a prehistoric finding such as the DC-6 and this puts you far, far above anyone else in the flight simulation genre. The deepest respect and kudos to you guys, without you flight simulation as a hobby would be just a dried up river. 

So... forget about what I told you earlier, about calling my wife... no, no need for that... I will stand up and stand tall, look into her glowing eyes and damnit, invite her for the first traffic pattern. Maybe she will buy herself a copy too. :-P

Edited by n4gix
Removed profanity
  • Upvote 3

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD