Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Something for people who LOVE airplanes and flying...

3 hours ago, kityatyi said:

I cannot find the words...Honestly, I said to my wife, "you are not to worry, I will never ever even think about getting this one, you don't need to hide the credit card". There is enough on my must-buy list already. Why would I buy a crappy rusty piece of stone age airliner anyways...

And then, what a misfortune, I somehow came across Robert's introduction... man, why are you doing this to me? ...I knew I should avoid reading it... But my eyes were drawn into the pictures, and couldn't help but read it and like someone after hypnosis I was a changed man when finishing. It's your fault! Sir Robert Randazzo, it's your fault, really! Now the least I expect from you is that you call my wife and tell her where did that money go from the account!

Apart from the fact that this mouth watering description along with the carefully composed, framed and selected images immediately sold the product, I am truly amazed how talented a salesmen Robert actually is. Scott Gentile of A2A comes to my mind, it's the same passion, enthusiasm and dedication and very similar sales skills too. But sales skills aren't everything. Your love for the hobby clearly shows off every time you are talking about not only your own breed but flight simulation in general, no matter if it's an ultramodern jetliner or a prehistoric finding such as the DC-6 and this puts you far, far above anyone else in the flight simulation genre. The deepest respect and kudos to you guys, without you flight simulation as a hobby would be just a dried up river. 

So... forget about what I told you earlier, about calling my wife... no, no need for that... I will stand up and stand tall, look into her glowing eyes and damnit, invite her for the first traffic pattern. Maybe she will buy herself a copy too. :-P

If PMDG were to release a microlight I would think I would need to buy it now!

The introduction clearly shows Robert's love of airplanes and his passion for the machine and that's just as big a selling point for me as the product is itself.

Where would we be without PMDG... :blink:

• Upvote 1

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

4 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

Just one question: Has the engine start procedure been improved so that one can manually prime the engine during engine start up?

Yep. The Start and Safety are linked, but the Boost and Prime are independent. If you enable "Realistic Start," then...well...may the odds be ever in your favor (or favour, as it were).

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Can anyone recommend a good Youtube video that takes you from C&D to flying ?

Also, for those with a 6 lever throttle quad (mine is CH Products), are you able to use all the levers to control everything or can you only use them for Throttle and the others are done manually with the mouse?.  Just wondering if someone found a creative way to utilize these for all the engine levers in the sim using FSUIPC or LINDA ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

16 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yep. The Start and Safety are linked, but the Boost and Prime are independent. If you enable "Realistic Start," then...well...may the odds be ever in your favor (or favour, as it were).

That's awesome! Thanks for answering, Kyle.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

5 minutes ago, serviceceiling said:

Marketing level - Randazzo :cool:

Haha, that one made me lol.

So there she is. Not sure if I'll get this one, but she certainly looks good. 

Congrats on another long awaited release.

12 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Also, for those with a 6 lever throttle quad (mine is CH Products), are you able to use all the levers to control everything or can you only use them for Throttle and the others are done manually with the mouse?.  Just wondering if someone found a creative way to utilize these for all the engine levers in the sim using FSUIPC or LINDA ?

Good post, Mark as this will answer my questions too except I do not have a 2/4/6-lever throttle joystick.

17 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Here is one from a beta tester although I believe its just to startup: 

• Upvote 1

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

22 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Mark,

From Cold and dark up to engine startup you can check the following I made during the beta. Doing the tutorial flights that will be provided will also assist.

Starting the engine from where the video stops is just couples steps.

For engine No3, boost pump to low, and engage the starter in the easy engine start.

Then for the rest engines,for each engine you want to start, mixture to rich, engine ignition to both, engine selector to engine you want to start, boost pump on, engage starter.

Regarding your question, I have both CH yoke and throttle quadrant. I have set the CH throttle quadrant as follows for my aircraft and for the DC6 as well

1st lever set to spoilers (unused on DC6)

2nd- 5th lever engine throttles 1-4

6th lever Flaps

One lever on my ch yoke is the propeller control.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Could you tell us a little bit about the included GNS430, how detailed is this? Does it use the default database or is it possible to update it via Navigraph? Thank you!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

16 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Could you tell us a little bit about the included GNS430, how detailed is this? Does it use the default database or is it possible to update it via Navigraph? Thank you!

Zsolt,

The PMDG GNS 430 and PMDG GPS 400 are based on the default navdata of P3d

The Flight 1 GNS430 and GTN650 are using the navdata as this is provided by Flight1. (These two are not available on P3dv4 yet as they are pending release from F1.)

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

18 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Zsolt,

The PMDG GNS 430 and PMDG GPS 400 are based on the default navdata of P3d

The Flight 1 GNS430 and GTN650 are using the navdata as this is provided by Flight1. (These two are not available on P3dv4 yet as they are pending release from F1.)

Thank you! It looks like another purchase will be involved, the 430, as soon as it's P3D v4 compatible. F1 can thank PMDG because the release of the DC-6 might bring them a few GNS/GTN sales...

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Looks great,  I am excited about the fixes and improvements that will be carried over to the xplane version.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Mark,

From Cold and dark up to engine startup you can check the following I made during the beta. Doing the tutorial flights that will be provided will also assist.

Starting the engine from where the video stops is just couples steps.

For engine No3, boost pump to low, and engage the starter in the easy engine start.

Then for the rest engines,for each engine you want to start, mixture to rich, engine ignition to both, engine selector to engine you want to start, boost pump on, engage starter.

Regarding your question, I have both CH yoke and throttle quadrant. I have set the CH throttle quadrant as follows for my aircraft and for the DC6 as well

1st lever set to spoilers (unused on DC6)

2nd- 5th lever engine throttles 1-4

6th lever Flaps

One lever on my ch yoke is the propeller control.

Thanks, good idea using the Yoke for the prop control.  I have a CH Yoke as well so that will work.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Although with the AFE you will not use the throttles/propeller too much.

He doesn't like when people touch his controls while in command :)

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris