Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Something for people who LOVE airplanes and flying...

Already descending onto my SSD, via the high speed fibre broadband STAR.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Just now, kityatyi said:

Ok, so fsAerodata solves the problem of staying current when it comes to navdata. Question is, does the GNS430 that comes with the PMDG DC-6 allow for creating and editing flight plans on the go or is it only going to accept a plan built using the default flight planner? 

If it uses the default GNS430 than no editing on the fly. I import PFPX flight plans into P3D when flying a/c that use the default GPS. Works pretty good for me. Otherwise, I manually enter all my flight plans.

And to answer your question: Yes, fsAerodata overwrites the default nav database with the current AIRAC cycle. I've had ZERO issues with it. Worth every penny.

5 minutes ago, MattS said:

If it uses the default GNS430 than no editing on the fly. I import PFPX flight plans into P3D when flying a/c that use the default GPS. Works pretty good for me. Otherwise, I manually enter all my flight plans.

And to answer your question: Yes, fsAerodata overwrites the default nav database with the current AIRAC cycle. I've had ZERO issues with it. Worth every penny.

Depends. The Aerosoft Twin Otter uses default data yet you can create and edit flightplans on the go. We'll soon find out what's the story here.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Hope to see a realistic PFPX profile for the DC-6 in the near future.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Just now, kityatyi said:

Depends. The Aerosoft Twin Otter uses default data yet you can create and edit flightplans on the go. We'll soon find out what's the story here.

Yes, my bad. I see what you were saying. I get a CTD when using the right side GNS430 knob on the Twin Otter. But that is for a different forum....

Just now, kityatyi said:

See my post on the previous page

Just now, MattS said:

See my post on the previous page

Thanks. But what do you mean when mentioning issues with the PFPX profile there? 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

3 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

<sim root>\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\Flight Manuals

Open the Intro Manual. Hit CTRL+END. Follow directions on that page. Done and done.

Fire up PFPX.

Enjoy

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, The Goose said:

Downloading...348MB

Such a "small" download for PMDG.... lol

Finished! but I have to wait till I get home from work to install :(

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

<sim root>\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\Flight Manuals

Open the Intro Manual. Hit CTRL+END. Follow directions on that page. Done and done.

Fire up PFPX.

Enjoy

Thanks mate, appreciated! RTFM I know. But I have an excuse, it's still downloading. :-P

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Both versions (FSX and P3D) are the same price.  $69.99

Just now, kityatyi said:

Thanks mate, appreciated! RTFM I know. But I have an excuse, it's still downloading. :-P

All good - just letting you know where to jump when it's all ready.

SimBrief has a profile, too, if you use that.

Just now, Greggy_D said:

Both versions (FSX and P3D) are the same price.  $69.99

Yep!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

27 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Rick,

I hope you can use this bird as the catalyst that will move you into the platform PMDG and all the other vendors would preferably code in if their customer base would all move to it.

This is especially poignant since if you choose to stay with FSX on this purchase, you will buying it all over again when you move to 64bit, as we're all well-aware of here.:wink:

Hi Steve

You a mind-reader now as well as an accomplished painter? Because that is precisely the 'bird' I want to use in my newly-bought v4. And I'm already targetting an i7-7700K et al, maybe a 1080Ti when prices drop at a later stage. True, I do not want to make the same mistake I made with the OOTS II; now it's too darned dear for me. But I have the 777 and the NGX plus this latest one, and a few A2A, and the FSL320, so my base is covered, so to speak! Enough there to keep me in the air for ages.

You have to be impressed with PMDG.  since P3D v4 came out they have updated the 747, 777, 737 and released the DC-6 while other developers have had trouble getting updates (not even new products) out for their one product.  well done.

• Upvote 5

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000