Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

How does FSBuild compare to FSC76

I now have the unregistered Flight Sim Commander 7.6 and I'm considering getting FSBuild. So I would like to now how they compare.I think I have heard that FSBuild is only good for either heavy hets or all kind of IFR. Which is it? Also that it can be difficult to learn. How many pages do the documentation consist of? Is it of good quality? Or is the steep learning curve because of inadeqeate documentation? Or is because of the product complexity?I could point out that a moving map is of no interest to me (what is the point with that?)

I almost exclusively use FSBuild for all my flight planning, because it is the only flight planner that i have found that gives me the winds aloft with AS6 and accurate fuel predictions. On the downside, the FSBuild interface is absolutely hideous, the map looks like generated from a Commodore 64, the generated flight plans are sometimes incorrect, the NavData is usually further behind than other add-ons and the documentation is rather incomplete. But it's still (unfortunately?) the best and most complex planner around.