Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

ATIS in X-Plane

Hi Dave,

I noticed Pilot2ATC is reading the airport frequencies from the default apt.dat instead of the apt.dat in the scenery folder in custom scenery.

I noticed this because I added an ATIS frequency to the apt.dat (on custom scenery folder) of a scenery which didn't have it. X-Plane 11 now plays the ATIS but P2A doesn't recognize it because it's reading the ATIS from the default apt.dat file.

I also updated the APP frequencies to match the actual real world frequencies but it doesn't recognize them either because it's reading the wrong one from the default apt.dat.

Shouldn't it get the airport frequencies from the apt.dat in the scenery folder instead of the default one?

Thanks.

Edit: Strange, i edited the default apt.dat to change the frequencies and Pilot2ATC still doesn't recognize them. Where is it getting the airport frequencies from then?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Pilot2ATC gets frequencies from its database. 

Starting with the next release, it will be getting them from the AIRAC data, if it is available from your AIRAC supplier.

Dave

Ok, thanks. That is much better.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Dave,

I'm currently evaluating the demo version and trying to get P2A working for my needs - predominantly VFR and Circuits/Patterns.  I'm struggling to get started at my chosen airfield, EGCB: https://skyvector.com/airport/EGCB/Manchester-Barton-Airport

The SkyVector link above shows EGCB's Information frequency, however this isn't listed in P2A.  If would be great if P2A could obtain data from the installed scenery if possible (taxi routes, frequencies, etc), as this is already handled in an installed XP11 scenery pack.

I added the Information frequency via Config->ATC Settings->Edit Controller Freqs, and restarted P2A to reveal the new frequency.  I tuned to it but could not interact with it at all.  So I added it again, this time as a Tower frequency, and it then allowed me to communicate.

At EGCB, we use Barton Information for (amongst other things) all ground movements, T/O clearance, circuit reports, and landing clearance.  Is this something that can be incorporated?

Thanks
Karl

I see from your other post that the Information frequency has the same functions as a tower controller.

I will have to modify the program a bit to achieve that objective.