Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavianaviator

Error in shader files

Hi there.

after a week of not flying, i come home and had to redownload and reactivate PTA, and i get these errors:

ERROR: shader file D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Delete the ShadersHLSL folder in the main P3Dv4 folder.

Re run the P3dv4 client and select 'repair' this will restore the original shaders.

When you run PTA again, it will find everything normally.

Hope this helps

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Another thing. 

When you have restored the ShadersHLSL folder, back it up in case original shaders become corrupted again.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

42 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Re run the P3dv4 client and select 'repair' this will restore the original shaders.

Hope this helps

Stu

Had same issue.

Into a full P3D V4 uninstall & reinstall.

Wish I had caught your note earlier.:blush:

T45

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Hope this helps

Stu

That helped! Thank you so much :D

T45,

It sounds like you have my 'lucky' gene.

I feel your pain.

Stu

I had the same, after changing from pta 2.51 to 2.52. I didnt recover the backedup shaders by pta because that backup was with p3d without hotfix and i cant say if that hotfix changed something in the shaders. So a backup-revocer to old pre-hotfix shaders wouldnt make sense.

Then i got same path errors. So i had no choice, i recovered the backups in 2.51 pta. Then i opened 2.52, and the paths were found again.

But now i have around 10 fps less....everywhere, on every flight. Not sure whats the best thing now. Probably let shaders rebuild too...

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Hope this helps

Stu

Are you sure its that folder? Is it a difference to delete that or just to delete the shader folder in ProgramFiles/LockheedMartin/p3d ? Last one doesnt let one repeair, it just rebuilds shaders.

But is that a difference?

BetaTeamB.png

Hello

The ShadersHLSL folder is located in your Core Prepar3D folder,  If you delete this folder you will need to do a Repair to have this folder returned again. 

The Shaders folder located below is a generated folder, meaning you can delete this folder and when you launch Prepar3D this folder will generate again 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 \ v4 -  Shaders

Below is a video showing you this in motion 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=jnMm3yXz_bk

Thanks but does it actually make a difference? Thats the main question :-)

And the second question is, since my PTA didnt recognize shaders from p3d v4 hotfix one as "original", what happens when i actually let the whole folders recreate via repair? Does PTA recognizes it? Scroll a bit higher to my first post here to see the background of the question.

BetaTeamB.png

It makes a difference in as much as you get the original shaders back in the HLSL folder if you delete the old HLSL folder first and run a client repair. 

In my case, when I deleted the ShadersHLSL folder and then repaired via the client installer, this allowed PTA to recognise the shaders as OK and it backed them up automatically. (I am also using P3Dv4 hotfix client.)

I could then install a shader tweak of my choice without errors.

The other shaders folder located in /users/(your name)/AppData/Local/LockheedMartin, can be deleted and will be rebuilt when you start the simulator. No need to re run the client installer repair for this.

Stu

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.