Sign in to follow this  
INACTIVE

Why?

Hello guys,

I have bin struggling with this issue for a year now, P3D stutter. I don't understand why? I tried everything. A week ago i tried a windows reset (Again 5th time) and reinstalled P3D and 3 addons, ORBX Global,

Flytampa EHAM (My home airport) and the 737 NGX by PMDG, and after all of this, (With default settings!) the sim is not usable with this stutter.

Specs:

Intel I7 6700K

Asus 1080 TI Strix

HyperX 64GB RAM

Asus Z170-A motherboard

(No overclocks)

Changes made to the system: None (No overclock, No NVIDIA inspector)
Changes to CFG files: none

Video's of the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79i_bgjY0kc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpaffbnsqJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSYxEafzUbc

Thank you for the help, I don't know what to do anymore

Robin

Have you tried it without ChasePlane?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 minute ago, WarpD said:

Have you tried it without ChasePlane?

No not yet, Going to try right now, 1 second

A lot depends on what you have running in the background.before i use p3d i open the task manager and shut everything i can down.

too be honest you will never get a totally smooth sim,you can however cut alot of the pauses down,not sure what that menu popping up in the VC is.but i would get rid of that and any other programs you have running in the background.

steve

2 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

A lot depends on what you have running in the background.before i use p3d i open the task manager and shut everything i can down.

too be honest you will never get a totally smooth sim,you can however cut alot of the pauses down,not sure what that menu popping up in the VC is.but i would get rid of that and any other programs you have running in the background.

steve

with or without other programs running in the background makes no difference

Perhaps no need for me to point this out, but you do know that FlyTampa sceneries do have an impact on performances.

I think you will find it is one of the eye-candy scenery and/or aircraft are causing the stuttering.  Your system is not powerful enough to run P3DV4 with all settings maxed.  I know because I have a similar situation and I have a more powerful system and I have maxed out most of my settings too.  When I do that, I know I will get stuttering and pauses but haven't figured out yet which setting(s) to turn down so my eye-candy add-ons will not cause stuttering (or it will be reduced).  I suspect it will be one of the settings on the first page but I don't want to lower any of those.  Sometimes my stuttering is so bad it pauses for at least a second and I fear the sim will suddenly crash with a terrain.dll error (I do a lot of "oh no, please don't crash!).  I already had a BSOD as my CPU voltages were too high or too low during the flight so I lowered by OC from 5.0GHz to the optimal default, 4.6GHz.  I even have those fancy and most powerful in the world M.2 SSD's where P3D resides (and most of my add-ons). 

I'm wondering if any of the add-on developers, during their extensive testing, tested their product(s) with P3D settings maxed out (as they know many are going to max things out).  Hopefully you will find the cause(s) of your stuttering.  I'm going to accept the stuttering in my flights for now but one of these days I may reset everything to the default for my P3D settings and see what happens.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Wow, impressive line-up hardware, Jim. First time I've taken notice. 5GHz without frying? Impressive indeed.

what does the 6700 run at stock speed,is it 4.0ghz ?.seems to me  that you should be outperfoming my I5 at 4.6,gtx 980.are you using win 10 also ?

i'm running dense autogen buildings and trees also medium water and cloud distance to 70mi ,5% road  traffic mytraffic @ 25% so i don't push my system hard at all and that leaves a bit of room for running addons.also remember p3d still ,mainly only uses 1 core ,the others are really only being used for scenery loading.someone correct me if i'm wrong.pretty sure that's how it's working at the moment.

steve

If your monitor is 30hz capable, then set it and set Vsyinc ON inside P3D menu...

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi Robin, 

Looking at your YT vids it looks like your predominant stutters arise from panning your cockpit views with, ( joystick hat-switch ? ), or other conflicts in the controls portion of P3D v4.

Having a similar problem with EZCA I thoroughly went through controls and deleted ALL hat-switch, keyboard and arrow keys that had the same or dual functions, even though the view software indicated that conflicts were automatically adjusted!

2 hours ago, pracines said:

I avoid stutters by locking FPS in sim to 20. 

That will work some of the time and an excellent suggestion but, according to my FSUIPC log after a flight, my average fps were 32 with a high of 65 and a low of 8 fps (you can turn on logging by going to the logging tab in the FSUIPC5 utility.  As you can tell, 8 fps is much lower than 20 fps so I can see where it will still stutter.  You are at 65 fps then suddenly 8 fps, then back up to 65 fps and then to 10 fps.  In my case, I believe it is the add-on Orbx SoCal as the stutters are more prevalent after waypoint HEC and on approach to LAX.  I do not want to give up my Orbx SoCal scenery (although the P3Dv4 default is nice too).  I think the OP will just have to do more research as there is no magic wand for fixing stutters.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

From what I have read try this little test.  Remove all add-ons, set your display at 60FPS and your display at 60hz. See if you get stutter free. If you do then set your display at 30hz. and set you FPS at 30 or purchase a display that can. 

I tried this test and it showed me what true stutter free was all about.  But do not have a display that can be set at 30hz. nor can I maintain 60FPS so I have to live with it for now, but these are very small micro stutters for me.

The more add-ons you use, the more the load and harder to achieve a constant 30/30 or 60/60 stutter free environment.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit