Sign in to follow this  
INACTIVE

Why?

My Dell 34 inch monitor will go to 30hz and may try this just to learn whether it works or not.  Like you said, the more add-ons you have the harder it is to achieve a "perfect" stutter free and blurry free flight.  I personally would like to see programming where the add-on scenery is used by two or three separate cores from the main program.  It is nice to have a sim like P3Dv4 that uses all available cores and think that helps a lot.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think unless you run a bare-bones P3D (read: no add-ons) on a fast system, stutters are just part of the experience. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I think I have found the cause of the stuttering - Scenery Objects.  Flew from NYC to Baltimore and suffered massive stuttering (default terrain).  Had no Autogen turned on, just the Scenery Complexity slider set to max.  Then saw tiny, tiny objects in the landscape trying to render like Autogen (I had Autogen turned off).  It would stutter and I would see many objects on the landscape rendering then be smooth and then stutter with more objects.  I turned off Scenery Complexity and no more stutters (the lowest setting is very sparse so you cannot turn it off completely).  After testing some, I turned the Scenery Complexity slider to Normal and got some stutters but they were rare.  Problem with turning Scenery Complexity to very sparse is you won't have bridges crossing rivers (yet you can still see cars and trucks crossing, no buildings for add-on scenery, no airport buildings or jetways,  just the terrain.  But it will be smooth.  Perhaps, if you're flying at FL240 you won't care about buildings and airport scenery and bridges and you can turn it off then turn it on to at least Normal during the descent (or during the takeoff).  Not a solution really but it appears to be the cause of the stuttering especially if you are flying a heavy or F35 or F16 at 300 plus mph. 

I'm still testing, time permitting but this appears to have solved my stutters.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

17 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I think I have found the cause of the stuttering - Scenery Objects.  Flew from NYC to Baltimore and suffered massive stuttering (default terrain).  Had no Autogen turned on, just the Scenery Complexity slider set to max.  Then saw tiny, tiny objects in the landscape trying to render like Autogen (I had Autogen turned off).  It would stutter and I would see many objects on the landscape rendering then be smooth and then stutter with more objects.  I turned off Scenery Complexity and no more stutters (the lowest setting is very sparse so you cannot turn it off completely).  After testing some, I turned the Scenery Complexity slider to Normal and got some stutters but they were rare.  Problem with turning Scenery Complexity to very sparse is you won't have bridges crossing rivers (yet you can still see cars and trucks crossing, no buildings for add-on scenery, no airport buildings or jetways,  just the terrain.  But it will be smooth.  Perhaps, if you're flying at FL240 you won't care about buildings and airport scenery and bridges and you can turn it off then turn it on to at least Normal during the descent (or during the takeoff).  Not a solution really but it appears to be the cause of the stuttering especially if you are flying a heavy or F35 or F16 at 300 plus mph. 

I'm still testing, time permitting but this appears to have solved my stutters.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim are you being sarcastic here or are you really saying you "solved" the stutters by basically turning the scenery off? No autogen and no scenery details on a high end system like yours - that must be a joke. How bad does it have to get until it's allowed to say that this software has massive issues and is practically unusable (unless of course you don't need graphic output on your 2017 simulator)?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Still testing.  As I stated, "I think I have found the cause".  I have Scenery Complexity set to Normal and when it is at max I get more stuttering from scenery objects loading/rendering.  I only suggested turning it down or off on Takeoff and Landings if you are going to fly a heavy at FL240.  In fact, my suggestion above does not work and I probably should not have posted it as I thought turning off Scenery Complexity (it does not turn off; goes to sparse) would solve the problem but it was a placebo and I have subsequently flown the same routes w/it off and the stuttering is just as bad.  And, you are right.  I do have a very powerful system and this is why I wonder why I have stuttering.  Have not rebuilt my p3d.cfg and that's the next step as that will bring me to default settings.  If I find a fix, I will definitely share.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM