Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Couple Q's about REX4

Hello guys,

I have a few questions regarding P3d V4 and REX.

1) I would like to purchase REX 4 for P3D v4. I know it isn't update for v4 yet but it soon will be. If I purchase it today from Simmarket do I need to downloaded an entire new installer doe V4 or will it just be an update? Also, is REX planning on releasing something better then REX 4 in the near future, I hate to buy it today and then in a few months find out its being replaced by something better (ie; SkyForce).

2) I currently own Soft Clouds standalone (I know it's been updated for v4). If I buy REX4 + Softclouds intergrated does that mean I get a discount? I'd just rather have one program then messing around with two. 

Thanks fella's!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1) I'm guessing it will be a new installer to get the textures and settings right for v4.  

2) if you buy REX4 and already have Soft clouds there is a link that will combine the two for you.   Which i'm pretty sure is done via new installer.  So then you have the REX4+SC integrated.

I had REX4 first then bought Soft Clouds and they integrated them via a link in their forums that downloaded a new installer.  No discount for REX4 because they are two different products.  

Once you integrate them though, any updates make sure you ONLY download the REX4+SC installer.  If you try and do REX4 and SC separately you will mess up everything.  

they are really responsive on their forums so feel free to ask them.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Thank you, do you know if rex is planning a new texture product any time soon? I'd hate to buy it and see another better product come out. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

15 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Thank you, do you know if rex is planning a new texture product any time soon? I'd hate to buy it and see another better product come out. 

First thank you jason99vmi for your help on this.

We are presently updating REX Soft Clouds, REX Texture Direct, and REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds to support P3Dv4.

All the distributors have the latest FULL version of REX Soft Clouds and the patches are available for download at our forum as well as through the application.

In regards to your question, like @jason99vmi stated there is a link to update REX Texture Direct to integrate Soft Clouds.  Since you already have soft clouds the integration is free.  You just need to purchase REX Texture Direct.  

However, we do have a new product coming out called REX Sky Force.  We are about to enter our final beta testing phase within weeks. More information about the product will be coming out in that time too.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Thanks but is skyforce a texture program ? I just don't want to spend money now and again later. 

Ron Hamilton