Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

Ground turn in same sim session

When doing a ground turn in the same sim session (ie. without closing/restarting P3D or rebooting windows), will this cause any problems in the next leg of the flight?

I assume for a standard 90 minute freight turn, you'd run the Secure checklist, IRS off, APU off, and establish ground power.  When the pilots come back from lunch (or the bar :) can they then proceed to start things up as if the flight scenario was freshly loaded?  Do you have to clear out the old route and PERF data from the FMC? 

I'm cruising at the moment but given that P3D has been so much more stable I may try the turn without the usual ritual of rebooting windows.

Thanks!

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

7 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

will this cause any problems in the next leg of the flight?

Shouldn't.

7 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

ritual of rebooting windows.

Rebooting? Why? At max all you'd need to do is close the sim and re-open it to get the VAS back (prior to V4 anyway).

Kyle Rodgers

Done it a few times just to test this specific concern.  Same habit from previous sims.  No problems yet in v4.

Sometimes it will work out trying to fly two or more segments in the same session, but once in awhile it goes bad.  Usually the FMS does something weird so I always start a new session.  Just save at the gate and start a new session and load at the gate.  Only takes a couple of minutes at worst.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 7/21/2017 at 4:37 AM, captain_adf said:

Thanks, Kyle!  The rebooting is habit from the old and thankfully gone FSX days. 

Didn't  need  to reboot in fsx,    just need  to restart the  sim

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg