Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Fokker F-100

Guest rafferty5268

Anyone know how to enable Navaid morse IDs (VOR, DME etc) to sound output on Avsom's F-100 please ?I can change the frequencies no problem but can't find any way to get sound outputs from the Navaid frequencies.Can this be done?

On the radio stack (I show the Boeing default radio srack here) locate the AUDIO panel at the bottom of the stack and left-click once on whatever radio button to monitor the Morse identifier sounds. http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141798.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest rafferty5268

Thanks for your reply - appreciate your trying to help but no, enabling sound of morse IDs of navaids works normally on Boeings, Lear etc by mouse clicking on the navaid itself. The F-100 radios are different. They are opened by clicking on the power controls when they show up below the throttles etc. I have done a printscreen and have tried to upload the picture to show you but for some reason it won't embed in this reply.Any further thoughts please?Thank you.

Guest macman4

I'll be watching this post ,as I would like to know myself. Seems to me that I read someware that there are no sounds for the radios

I downloaded the Project Fokker F-70's and F-100's and had a look. You're right, no audio panel, but we can easily add one with FS Panel Studio. I would recommend putting it on the radio stack window, sacrificing one of the digital altimeter readouts. It'll look like the pic attached here, in the zip file. The modified panel.cfg and radio stack bitmap files are enclosed here in the attached zip file. Back up the original files first, then just copy and paste the panel.cfg file from the attached zip file into the PF10070v2_panel folder in the main FS 2004 AIRCRAFT folder. Select YES to overwrite the original. Copy and paste the PF10070-pedestal-day bitmap from the attached zip file into each of the 3 remaining PF10070v2_panel folders, one in each different aircraft model. I wasn't sure which panel folder PF uses, probably the one in the main FS 2004 folder, so I chose to modify all of them! Again select YES to overwrite the original bitmap. That should do it. I tested it with the Project Fokker 100 TAM livery at Innsbruck LOWI, tuning the NAV 1 radio to the localizer 28 approach frequency of 111.10. After 3-5 seconds, you will begin to hear the morse code.http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141872.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141873.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest rafferty5268

Navaid - Sound OutputThank you Alex - absolutely brilliant solution. Works a treat!You're a very clever guy - many thanks !!rafferty5268

Thank you and my pleasure! We have to thank Ton van de Laar - Project Fokker Project Manager, for allowing us to share the modified panel files with everyone here at AVSIM. Thanks Ton. I uploaded it to the main file library.http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

How is the radio stack accessed in the Project Fokker aircraft?! I can't find it anywhere. It's not visiable on the instrument panel and clicking on the radio stack icon brings up the pushback panel, not the radio stack. I don't see the radio stack listed in the View/Instruments menu ( or anywhere else for that matter) either! Flying these great looking planes is going to be rather difficult without the radio stack!

Scott,There IS no seperate radio panel.The radio freq. can be set at the bottom of the Pedestal, but you have to click the gauge On first for the freq. to be visible. (the top button of the 5-button block).By the way: there are some problems with toggling the NAV1, and with the setting of the ADF (see the PF10070 website).But I've made a new radio gauge, which I'll release in a short while.Rob

I can't seem to access the zip file.I keep getting Not Found.Grateful for a working link please.Many thanks.

John

Many thanks Rob. I found it eventually searching in the Avsim library for Alex Christoff.Thank you for your kind reply.

John