Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

How to Crush a Guy

So I see PMDG has just released a DC-6, fantastic I say....I think I'll get this one.....WHAT...$70 US....nearly $100 Canadian?

I know they good. I know they are high end planes. They must know what they are doing, right?

But there is no way in Hades that I could or would ever afford to spend that much on one plane. How about a dumbed down version for say $40.

Sad...is this "fake news?"

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

David Porrett

I doubt that anyone is getting rich over at PMDG and it's not likely that they're willing to work for free. It's now what the market is willing to pay for quality addons.

NAX669.png

19 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The exchange rate is a killer (at least this year).  On the bright side, the dollar is up almost 5 cents in the last month so buy now with all the money you just saved.

Beautiful!

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

So I play golf....I don't tons of luxury money...so I play the local and muni courses. In fact I buy five game passes which reduce the round coast to $22 each, I walk for exercise and save the cost of a cart.  I would love to play high end white sand trap courses...they run in the many $100 per round...I do not will not ever play them. Such is life.

Near CAM3

Im just not sure that it will be a high seller. I think a lot of the community is more focused on getting new jetliners. Especially the ones that no one is paying attention too. MD80- EJets -A380 etc. I do however think that it's good that they are looking at different era's of airliners. However I fear that it will have the same fate as the MD11. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

36 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Im just not sure that it will be a high seller. I think a lot of the community is more focused on getting new jetliners. Especially the ones that no one is paying attention too. MD80- EJets -A380 etc. I do however think that it's good that they are looking at different era's of airliners. However I fear that it will have the same fate as the MD11. 

I am not into the PDMG thing at all but I just don't understand the old airplane thing that so many developers get into. Now don't get me wrong, I love looking at the pictures and seeing the old birds at airshows but not what I want in a flight sim. It seems like developers would be building the modern stuff that you see for sale first. There is of course many that love the old fighters and love the old Cessnas and the old "Rag Wings" but I am not so sure that the percentage of us looking to spend close to 100 USD's on one is all that large. Who knows? Maybe I am wrong. It may be another one of those "secrets" :laugh: that the Dev's like to keep. It all ways tickles me when I here about the tiny market and dev's are starving but somehow and some way they found enough food over at PDMG to squeeze out one more old bird. All kidding aside though they do make fine professional products. I wish they would spend some time making nice modern GA stuff.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

19 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

All kidding aside though they do make fine professional products. I wish they would spend some time making nice modern GA stuff.

Knowing PMDG a modern airliner is already in the works. Doubt you'll see any GA from them. The DC-6 is just very near and dear to RR and I'm sure a test bed for honing their craft so to say.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Where I live in Canada ( Whitehorse, Yukon ) gasoline is CAD $1.11 a litre. My 2012 F150 has a 130L gas tank. So it cost me CAD $144 to fill every 3 weeks. it is what it is!

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

12 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Where I live in Canada ( Whitehorse, Yukon ) gasoline is CAD $1.11 a litre. My 2012 F150 has a 130L gas tank. So it cost me CAD $144 to fill every 3 weeks. it is what it is!

Holly word not allowed....I live on Vancouver Island and our gas is $1.19/ltr.....man you've got it good.  I knew we were being hosed.

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

So I see PMDG has just released a DC-6, fantastic I say....I think I'll get this one.....WHAT...$70 US....nearly $100 Canadian?

I guess I shouldn't tell you how much their new Boeing 747-400 cost, then....*cough*$90 USD*cough*

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

44 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Holly word not allowed....I live on Vancouver Island and our gas is $1.19/ltr.....man you've got it good.  I knew we were being hosed.

BC= Bring Cash. Yukon only has GST

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I guess I shouldn't tell you how much their new Boeing 747-400 cost, then....*cough*$90 USD*cough*

LOL....I went to their site and reviewed the new issues and price points. I actually did get the FSX version of Queen of the Skies 747, on disk from a local store, many many years ago. Does that count for a discount?

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I wish they would spend some time making nice modern GA stuff.

A2A= best of GA.

Vic green