Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3 & P3D v4 is released!

Captains,

Today we have released the FSX and Prepar3D versions of our long awaited PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster product line!

This product was created by a development team led by Chris Powell that included Henning vanRensburg, The World Famous Vin Scimone, Jason Brown, a PMDG premier for Alexander Metzger, with contributions from Michael Frantzeskakis and Alex Bashkatov and an incredible sound mix by Armen Cholakian.

I would also be remiss not to point out the dozens of incredibly detailed liveries created by Pete Sterling- once again bringing Jason's model to life in all of the classic colors of historic aviation!

Gallery_1.jpg

Unusually, I was not involved in product development this time around, serving instead as an expert witness, offering suggestions on the care, feeding and operation of classic airliners and occasionally providing useful anecdotes to help the team along the way.

The DC-6 is one of the last of the Old Breed of airliners ushered in by the development that took place during WWII, but rapidly made obsolete with the advent of the Comet, DC-8 and 707 aiframes a mere decade after entering service.  Still many DC-6s soldiered on, eventually finding conversion to freighter use and a number are still found at work today hauling difficult cargo into poorly accessible regions of the world.

A few examples, such as the Flying Bulls and the NCA ship located in Namibia remain well preserved anthems of the history of modern aviation.

Gallery_6.jpg

The PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster is an incredibly feature rich simulation, with every single switch, knob, button, lever and latch modeled in the flight deck.  She is modeled in typical PMDG complexity, with electrical amps/volts playing a factor, all the way down to individual circuit breakers and their effect on systems within the aircraft.

Variable loading is possible with the resultant impact on CG and performance, and a full set of performance tables is included to help you plan your flight to the same level of detail as flight crews of yore.  Select your power settings, make the lever adjustments and then monitor engine performance through your gauges in order to keep ahead of atmospheric changes and mechanical failures.

Realistic engine starts are an option, for those who want to try and manage the complex process and see what it is like to coax an old radial engine to start and run.

Gallery_4.jpg

For those who are concerned that they might be overwhelmed by the sheer number of switches, buttons and knobs, we have created a logic driven Flight Engineer to handle nearly all of the tasks required to manage the mechanical conditions of the airplane from before start to end of flight.  You can ask for his involvement to a high degree, allowing you to focus on flying the airplane, or you can use him for absolutely nothing and learn the entire airplane yourself.  The decision is all yours!

Plenty of aural details in the engines and cockpit.  You can hear as the airplane speeds up and slows down, subtle changes in the mixing of propeller noise and cyclinder rumble as power settings are adjusted throughout the flight make the experience incredibly immersive.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the subtle visual details...  the panel is mounted on rubber chock mounts- so if you have an engine in or transiting the prohibited harmonic range, it transmits its harmonic vibration to the airframe, which makes the panel dance about before your eyes...

Lots and lots of cool details to be seen here.

Gallery_15.jpg

The team that created this masterpiece should be incredibly proud of the product- and we hope you will be equally happy to join the ranks of PMDG pilots capable of handling a classic, four engine airliner.

Happy Flying!

• Upvote 10

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

YEAH!

I am typing this while I am a flight to DFW... Not sure If I should purchase this now with the finicky GO GO Internet or if I should just wait for another 3-4 hours until I reach home and buy it with my good internet access.

:P

edited: Couldn't buy it.. Paypal failed me on gogo inair. I need to wait till I get home. Instead of trying to get it using gogo in air internet

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So happy with this released.

Thanks to the whole PMDG team for another masterpiece! :biggrin:

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

She's beautiful Robert!!!! The whole team did a fantastic job!!! Thank you everyone for your hard work this summer and getting us transitioned to v4 in record time!!!!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Already flown 1 flight. Beautiful plane. No hit on my performance in V4. Excellent!

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

She’s truly lovely, in the classic Ingrid Bergman way. She’s timeless and yet timely. Even today, there’s no better way to haul 25,000lbs to an unimproved strip.

I am eager to hear about your impressions, as she is quite different than anything else in your stable. I have spent a couple of hours with her, and been more exhausted than after a LHR-HKG flight in CX. She will work you, teach you, captivate you and intoxicate you- and then you will fall in love with her.

Enjoy the difference!

• Upvote 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

17 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Already flown 1 flight. Beautiful plane. No hit on my performance in V4. Excellent!

Same here just finished a 200nm flight low and slow.  Awesome job on the aircraft PMDG!  Will be flying this bird a bunch!:biggrin:

54 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the subtle visual details...  the panel is mounted on rubber chock mounts- so if you have an engine in or transiting the prohibited harmonic range, it transmits its harmonic vibration to the airframe, which makes the panel dance about before your eyes..

Ummmmm YA!!!  That was RAD on decent in to CYYJ - the ASI needle started to jump around.  I haven't seen that in YEARS!!!!

Unreal what you guys do!!

8 minutes ago, skypig99 said:

Same here just finished a 200nm flight low and slow.  Awesome job on the aircraft PMDG!  Will be flying this bird a bunch!:biggrin:

1 minute ago, AirCanada235 said:

Ummmmm YA!!!  That was RAD on decent in to CYYJ - the ASI needle started to jump around.  I haven't seen that in YEARS!!!!

Unreal what you guys do!!

Are you using the AFE? How is that working?

Not going to be a product I think i'll be buying but good luck with the release

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Bad timing. I'm in the process of loading my plane for the flight to  Oshkosh. The DC6 will have to wait till after the fly-in.

David A Gubert

Perfect timing! I just boarded my flight home from work and will have a week to play around (if my 8-month-old lets me) with the -6. It's going to be a long flight from Honolulu back to the mainland now!

Well, I couldn't help myself. Time to unleash my inner Ice Pilot. 

5ZrZOlV.jpg

• Upvote 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Are there any important features (related to systems) the FSX/P3D version has which the XP version didn't have? If so, I might getting this new one, too.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir