Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3 & P3D v4 is released!

9 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Are there any important features (related to systems) the FSX/P3D version has which the XP version didn't have? If so, I might getting this new one, too.

First and foremost, the flight dynamics by Alex Metzger are new to the product since the XP version released.  Anybody that has flown his AN-2 is already familiar with his genius.  The difference in graphics is immediately noticeable too, shiny metals and surface textures, and cockpit night lighting.  The AFE is entirely reworked since XP and the sounds.... wow the sounds. As I start the list I realize that actually there is a year of development worth difference between the two. No comparison.

Dan Downs KCRP

Congrats Rob and  crew on your release of this classic bird.  Hopefully I'll get around to picking up a copy sometime in the near future.

Props Rule!!

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

9 minutes ago, downscc said:

No comparison

Thanks for the summary! Seems I need to get P3D v4 and the new DC-6 then, because I assume it will take a lot of time to back-port these changes to the XP version (if that is even planned).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Love your products PMDG! I purchased the XP version and sadly still waiting for an update to XP11. Besides its really not my type of aircraft. My XP version is mostly a hanger queen but thats due in part to not being updated for XP11 just as much as boring to fly. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Congrats PMDG team!  Looks amazing from the shots.

Excited to get this new bird into my hanger after work.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

Congratulations even if I cannot afford it just yet... and I really want your 777 first :) then maybe your 747. Then to find out if my FSX:SE setup and PC can handle it ... :blink:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

After about 5 years waiting with bated breath what can i say.....

I'll give it a try.... almighty, miraculous, astounding, leading, matchless, timeless, heavenly, exciting, noble, aberrant, exceptional, luxurious, magical, gorgeous, smashing, staggering vertiginous spring to mind.

Anything else ?..... Hmmm..... In a nutshell  just outrageously beautiful inside and out. 

Together with the other flightsimmers-dream-come-true just recently released we have finally reached Flightsimmers Heaven. Well, atleast in MY flightsimming book that is. 

For us proplinerloving simmers these 5 years of waiting for this dream to eventually come true sure have been worth it !!

Am i right or am i right !?

Who could ever have anticipated PMDG doing a vintage propliner in the first place ! Are you kidding me !!??...

T H A N K S   A   M I L L I O N   P M D G !!!  

Cheers,
Jan

P.S.  errmmm..... one question if i may....:  what happend to the tooltips ??....    

Jan

Does the FSX version have the NGX/777/747 style lighting or does it use the old school FSX landing lights?

Molly Norris

I specifically purchased X-Plane, to be able to fly the DC-6.

While I very much enjoyed the aircraft, being an old timer with experience only in Microsoft's simulators and more recently Prepar3d, I had some difficulty "bonding" with X-Plane, and decided a while ago, to just wait for today's release.

Just did a very short flight in the DC-6, on P3Dv4.

This time, you folks at PMDG, hit a home run. It is way out of the park.

Very, very, well done! What a pleasure.

Now to read the manuals, re-acquaint myself with the details of the airplane and enjoy it.

It is quite obvious from your posts, your messages, your photos and your videos, that you, PMDG, have had some fun developing this product. I just hope that it has whetted your appetite for more of round, analog dials and noisy, really noisy, engines.

I am sure that the future of air simulation will be good, as you continue to surprise us.

Thank you and congratulations!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

10 minutes ago, Javiz said:

After about 5 years waiting with bated breath what can i say.....

I'll give it a try.... almighty, miraculous, astounding, leading, matchless, timeless, heavenly, exciting, noble, aberrant, exceptional, luxurious, magical, gorgeous, smashing, staggering vertiginous spring to mind.

Anything else ?..... Hmmm..... In a nutshell  just outrageously beautiful inside and out. 

Together with the other flightsimmers-dream-come-true just recently released we have finally reached Flightsimmers Heaven. Well, atleast in MY flightsimming book that is. 

For us proplinerloving simmers these 5 years of waiting for this dream to eventually come true sure have been worth it !!

Am i right or am i right !?

Who could ever have anticipated PMDG doing a vintage propliner in the first place ! Are you kidding me !!??...

T H A N K S   A   M I L L I O N   P M D G !!!  

Cheers,
Jan

P.S.  errmmm..... one question if i may....:  what happend to the tooltips ??....    

If this is the Jan I'm thinking of.... I'm very pleased to read this....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I have two questions about this product:

1. Is this the same aircraft seen in the TV series set in Alaska (I think) of the freight company that flies to remote areas using old cargo planes?

2. What liveries are available for this aircraft?

Congrats and a big thank you to the PMDG team for this magnificent bird.

After many years of waiting (well worth it), just completed my first flight from Windhoek to Walvis Bay in "Bataleur". Magic; the plane, the ambience, the sounds all combining to make for one heck of an experience.

The AFE accent also serves to add to my nostalgia and my longing for home and old stomping grounds around Namibia. This plane is going to do a lot of virtual touring around Namibia, Zimbabwe and the RSA in the months to come!

Special thanks to fellow South African Henning van Rensburg, who I as remember was the team-member who originally found the study aircraft and proposed the project, as well as the one who did a lot of the photography work on "Bataleur". I recommend a good weekend "braai" with plenty of Windhoek Lager in celebration of this dream project's full realization!

Now off to study that hefty manual.

• Upvote 2

Robin Harris

There aren't enough superlatives.

16 hours ago, lasnubes said:

If this is the Jan I'm thinking of.... I'm very pleased to read this....

It's him alright, Carl.  You didn't think you'd read anything less raving from me, did you ?... My jaw is still on the floor and i can't find my socks anymore ! :biggrin:

For me this is the best thing that ever happend in my flightsimming book ! Ever !  ( including the release of P3Dv4 naturally ! ;-) 

Btw, Carl, do you know why no tooltips are showing in the VC ?...

Cheers,

Jan

Jan