Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3 & P3D v4 is released!

7 hours ago, ErichB said:

There aren't enough superlatives.

You can lent some of mine, Erich..  :cool:

• Upvote 1

Jan

16 hours ago, molleh said:

Does the FSX version have the NGX/777/747 style lighting or does it use the old school FSX landing lights?

Molly Norris

Dunno bout FSX (anymore..) but in P3Dv4 landing lights are dynamic (i.e. light up every object in front)

• Upvote 1

Jan

15 hours ago, mcbellette said:

I have two questions about this product:

1. Is this the same aircraft seen in the TV series set in Alaska (I think) of the freight company that flies to remote areas using old cargo planes?

2. What liveries are available for this aircraft?

1.  Could be Everts Air, yes. 

This exact livery is included with the DC-6A cargo livery pack.

2. AA, Air Atlantique, Ansett, Aramco, Balair, BOAC, Buffalo, CP, Delta, E. of Suva, Everts, Flying Bulls, Icelandair, KLM, NAC, NCA, NWA, Olympic, PCAM, PAA, Rich, Sabena, SAS, UAL, UTA. 

cheers,

jan

Jan

50 minutes ago, Javiz said:

Could be Everts Air, yes. 

The TV series I've seen, with cargo planes, is about Buffalo whose major terminal is Yellowknife CN, Northern Territories not Alaska. They have one rare DC6 which is a swingtail, not modeled by PMDG (there is only one left).  Wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Airways

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, molleh said:

Does the FSX version have the NGX/777/747 style lighting or does it use the old school FSX landing lights?

Molly Norris

Unfortunately it uses the FSX default effects for the exterior lights and not the great custom effects of their other FSX products. But that is the only downer of an otherwise excellent product. 

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Jan-

I’m checking into the tooltip issue for you. They worked in a previous beta version, I will let you know....

So glad that you are enjoying this beautiful girl. Your work has brought so much joy to so many people, and I am glad you are enjoying the product-  I think she’s grand too, but then I’m probably a little biased ;)

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Jan-

I just rechecked, and they are working.... with your new Prepar3D v4 install, could they be off in those settings?

HTH- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, lasnubes said:

Jan-

I just rechecked, and they are working.... with your new Prepar3D v4 install, could they be off in those settings?

HTH- C

Thanks, Carl !  

Show tooltips is checked alright and they work fine with every other VC in P3Dv4. I have now noticed that atleast *some* are working. F.i. on the pedestal, fuel tank selectors and prop pitch lever do show tooltips while throttle levers, throttle lock and cross feed selectors don't show them. All trim wheels show tooltips while landinggear and flap levers, parking brake and flight control lock lever don't show them. 

No tooltips with levers and such is no problem of course but they come in very handy with switches while panning around the VC, particularly the OH. 

Do you fly with P3Dv4 as well. Carl ?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

Jan-

Yes, I believe you are correct.  I tend to rely only on the OBS and QNH ones, so I have never found tool-tips lacking......

Yes, I have yet to go back to v3 since installing v4, and if it weren't for my beautiful Annuschka, I would have deleted v3 already.  No comparison, but I must admit, a TOTALLY different sim and so a learning curve re. slider settings etc.

Glad to see you here!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Question here.. Not sure if this has been asked yet or not.  Is there a way to turn off the text on the screen for the AFE??

5 hours ago, skypig99 said:

Is there a way to turn off the text on the screen for the AFE??

Open up the options panel. There's an option for the notifications.

Additionally: quick plug for the Intro Manual. You'll find it helpful for most questions.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Is there a shortcut key (or more accurately keys) that will allow you to move the turn knob left and right?  I think the back of the into manual has shortcut keys for turning on the AP and Alt Hold.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Great to see it complete. Will be re-living my child years flying into stormy Reykjavik airport.

Had a couple very eventful landings there, i.e. really bad winter storms with blinding snow and therefore blind landings.  We had to get off the plane and then we went down the airstairs and walked through the sideways blizzard to the terminal.  My mom always shopped for tax free purchases of wonderful wool and cashmere sweaters.  They'd refuel, I guess, or just pick up and leave off passengers and then we'd land at Luxembourg and have to either fly or take a train to Brussels. 
       One time we were supposed to land at Luxembourg and got over the airport only to be notified that the airport terminal was on fire.  We were instructed to fly to Brussels which we did.  When we got there it was so fogged in they couldn't or didn't want to land there . Then we were told to go back to Luxembourg and land there anyway which we did.  Then took the train.  Horrendous exhaustion from long travel.

• Upvote 2

Great - another perfect airplane  :angry:

PMDG -  People My Doe Goes 

Now, you guys take a nice long vacation and stop spitting out such great planes for a while. I have to buy groceries as well you know!!!

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

On 7/20/2017 at 6:55 PM, Javiz said:

After about 5 years waiting with bated breath what can i say.....

I'll give it a try.... almighty, miraculous, astounding, leading, matchless, timeless, heavenly, exciting, noble, aberrant, exceptional, luxurious, magical, gorgeous, smashing, staggering vertiginous spring to mind.

Anything else ?..... Hmmm..... In a nutshell  just outrageously beautiful inside and out. 

Together with the other flightsimmers-dream-come-true just recently released we have finally reached Flightsimmers Heaven. Well, atleast in MY flightsimming book that is. 

For us proplinerloving simmers these 5 years of waiting for this dream to eventually come true sure have been worth it !!

Am i right or am i right !?

Who could ever have anticipated PMDG doing a vintage propliner in the first place ! Are you kidding me !!??...

T H A N K S   A   M I L L I O N   P M D G !!!  

Cheers,
Jan

P.S.  errmmm..... one question if i may....:  what happend to the tooltips ??....    

Jan,

Thanks.  It means a great deal to hear you so effusive.  This project originated primarily out of our own love for this airplane and this era of flying.  Oh if only it were practical to own and operate such a beast in the real world- but at least we have a very good one to fly in our sims. 

The guys really did incredible work on this machine.  It has been fun to help them test it- and they also appreciated seeing your comments.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com