Sign in to follow this  
Wood4591

P3D v4 CTD with LFPG

Hi

Purchased new update of Paris airport ( LFPG). After install, p3d v4 CTD at loading.

Any body with same problem ?

Thanks.

Mulgrave

If you did not uninstall the old version, I would guess you should have as there is a different way a scenery is added to the Scenery.cfg.  In this case it was probably installed in the Addon.xml and there is now a problem.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

I did uninstall the old version.

One of the scenery or add-on was not working with LFPG. I used delete " generated files" and reinstalled LFPG. Now seems Ok. \I will need to find out which other scenery was causing the problem.

2 minutes ago, mulgrave said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

I did uninstall the old version.

One of the scenery or add-on was not working with LFPG. I used delete " generated files" and reinstalled LFPG. Now seems Ok. \I will need to find out which other scenery was causing the problem.

Which LFPG are you referring to? Aerosoft?

Dan Cole

Taxi2gate Paris Charles de Gaulle.LFPG

Anyway; i removed it as it was causing CDT after starting P3D v4.

Is there any update? I have the same issue! Instant CTD when selection LFPG as airport. For that price, it would be great to see more support by Taxi2Gate.

Did you make an add-on.xml for the scenery?  I have found that if the scenery.cfg is still used and you added the product via the SceneryConfigEditor, it corrupted the scenery.cfg and caused crashes.  Making an add-on.xml will eliminate the need for the scenery.cfg in V4.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, nope, how would I do that? I actually installed the product with the installer and didnt change anything.

Try the following guidance I provided in the following link -

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim, unfortunately it didnt work, as soon as LFPG is installed I get a CTD without any error. When in uninstall it, all works very well. Even when using the Addon Manager you suggested, it goes into CTD

5 hours ago, sesc360 said:

Thanks Jim, unfortunately it didnt work, as soon as LFPG is installed I get a CTD without any error. When in uninstall it, all works very well. Even when using the Addon Manager you suggested, it goes into CTD

When you used the add-on manager to add the scenery, did you go to "Other addons" tab?  Once you do that, you need to add the Textures.  You do this by clicking on Add component>click on Add-on xml and select LFPG (or the name of the add-on.xml you just made)>click on Category and select Texture>click on Set path and go to the folder where the scenery is located and find the texture folder for the software>click on Submit.

Your scenery config is corrupted and this is why P3D will not start up.  You cannot have the Taxi2Gate LFPG entry in your scenery.cfg.  Your only fix now is to delete or rename the scenery.cfg.

When you open up your scenery.cfg, do you see a listing of your scenery?  Your scenery.cfg could be corrupted (most likely).  The same thing happened to me when Drzewiecki Washington X was first installed into P3Dv4.  The first installer installed it into the Scenery.cfg.  Not good as the scenery.cfg did not recognize it and became corrupted.  You could not even read the scenery.cfg.  Bunch of ugly looking characters and nothing in the scenery.cfg.  P3Dv4 did not start up.  Almost immediately, Drzewiecki issued an update to the installer and made an add-on.xml.  I had to delete my scenery.cfg and let a new one be rebuilt and did that before I reinstalled Drzewiecki.  This time it worked.  LM coded the scenery.cfg and, if you try to manually put a scenery into the scenery.cfg using the SceneryConfigEditor, the coding will be lost and your scenery.cfg will be corrupted.  P3D may start but you will have issues.  To maintain the coding in the scenery.cfg, install your scenery using the P3D scenery library.  This means you will have to delete or rename the scenery.cfg and restart P3D to the default location.  Open up the Scenery Library and begin adding your scenery.

Submit News to AVSIM

I am also having issues with T2G LFPG, but only after purchasing Orbx OpenLC Europe. I disabled all my add-ons and enabled them 3 at a time and found that the crash only occurs when LFPG is enabled. Try to load a scenario and the sim crashes to desktop.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Manually adding scenery to P3Dv4 is difficult if you are not computer literate.  T2G says all of the scenery is compatible with P3DV4 but you pretty much have to manually install it using the procedures required by the P3DV4 SDK in regards to addons. 

Submit News to AVSIM