Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

P3Dv4 DC-6 First Flight - WOW

WOW - 

Enroute from CYVR to CYYJ and this airplane is SICK!  I fly tube-liners for a living and this I have to say is totally incredible.  The sound is amazing!!!

Nice work Double R and team!

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

WOW - 

Enroute from CYVR to CYYJ and this airplane is SICK!  I fly tube-liners for a living and this I have to say is totally incredible.  The sound is amazing!!!

Nice work Double R and team!

Yessss! Glad to hear it.

I love the sounds. Having spent a lot of time around radials over the last few years, I can definitely appreciate it. Glad you do too!

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, MarkW said:

...Which airframe are you on?

Look in his sig ;)

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

This aircraft is amazing... love it from the first second.. Just did a short flight from TNCM to TKPK (or better: I tried it) but I didn't get along with the AFE... When I switched him off I killed all my engines (the MP jumped around like crazy and I couldn't calm them down).. I think I will have to go into the manual, lol... I tried it like Sully but I drowned my freight in the Caribbean.. Well, the flight back to TNCM without the AFE was a lot better (and healthier) for everyone involved.. Guess my RW J-3 hours helped a lot lol...

Thanks PMDG for another amazing aircraft in my hangar :D

• Upvote 1

WOW was my first word too, shortly followed by...."Oh lord" this is a whole new beast to learn  :happy:

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

45 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

the flight back to TNCM without the AFE was a lot better

I much prefer to fly her myself, after all with electric prop sync and only one prop lever (the cue ball) and auto mixture flying solo in the simulator is reasonable with practice.  It helps that I have decades in a light twin too.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

This aircraft is amazing... love it from the first second.. Just did a short flight from TNCM to TKPK (or better: I tried it) but I didn't get along with the AFE... When I switched him off I killed all my engines (the MP jumped around like crazy and I couldn't calm them down).. I think I will have to go into the manual, lol... I tried it like Sully but I drowned my freight in the Caribbean.. Well, the flight back to TNCM without the AFE was a lot better (and healthier) for everyone involved.. Guess my RW J-3 hours helped a lot lol...

Thanks PMDG for another amazing aircraft in my hangar :D

Marc,

The address in your eCommerce account is the one to which we mail the invoice for our airplane that you dumped in the ocean?

We can do payroll deduction if you like...  :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait for the NTSB report, board inquiry. You can't just blame the pilot like that... ;-)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Marc,

The address in your eCommerce account is the one to which we mail the invoice for our airplane that you dumped in the ocean?

We can do payroll deduction if you like...  :biggrin:

naaaa, it was the Flying Bulls one.. I think I'll drink-and-jump that out with Red Bull.. I'll just tell them I learned to fly it at PMDG :)

• Upvote 1

Are we soon to see a flight video of the bird?:dry:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Missing the pilot animations. :-P

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I wasn't going to purchase this because I'm more of a jet kinda guy but....I couldn't resist after seeing everyone's reaction and my reaction is the same. Wow. That sound set is insane! 

• Upvote 1