Sign in to follow this  
Agustin Castro

No discharging battery sound with the last update

I have just installed the last 737 update (I had to download the full installer for it) and I noticed that when I switch the battery "on" I can not hear any discharging sound... Have you notice this or I have some problem and I do not know? Thanks !

1 hour ago, Pterois said:

I have just installed the last 737 update (I had to download the full installer for it) and I noticed that when I switch the battery "on" I can not hear any discharging sound... Have you notice this or I have some problem and I do not know? Thanks !

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required to be placed in your posts here.

As far as the issue goes, simply turning the battery on will not trigger it. I believe it's only caused when the battery is on, and some other source drops (like the APU or GPU).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, I have changed my display name to my real name. In previous versions (p3d v3) I inmediately obtained a continuous sound when I turn on the battery (switch the battery knob to ON). Today, when I was trying the new recent update for p3d v4 I noticed that the typical sound had dissapeared... I do not know if you have seen the same in v4 last version or not... and it only occurs to me... Thanks for your help ! Sorry for my english ;)

Maybe the sound I mention is not a discharging battery sound and I am incorrectly naming it... I am not refering to the horrible alert sound when you have turn on the battery and you do not connect the ground power... I am refering to the first sound you hear when switch the battery on. 

1 hour ago, Agustin Castro said:

I am not refering to the horrible alert sound when you have turn on the battery and you do not connect the ground power..

That would not be normal.  The 737 will quietly drain the battery.  Any alert sound might be from throttles being advanced?  There isn't much difference between v3 and v4 other than dynamic lighting.

Dan Downs KCRP

19 minutes ago, downscc said:

That would not be normal.  The 737 will quietly drain the battery.  Any alert sound might be from throttles being advanced?  There isn't much difference between v3 and v4 other than dynamic lighting.

It's been awhile since I used NGX, but I seem to recall that if you turn on the battery, without an external source, alarm will sound after awhile to warn you of your impending doom.

28 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

It's been awhile since I used NGX, but I seem to recall that if you turn on the battery, without an external source, alarm will sound after awhile to warn you of your impending doom.

There's an alarm if the ground power is plugged in and either the power is turned off with the battery on or if the power were to drop off for some reason with the battery on.

NAX669.png

4 hours ago, mwilk said:

There's an alarm if the ground power is plugged in and either the power is turned off with the battery on or if the power were to drop off for some reason with the battery on.

That alarm that you hear is the ground crew call Horn in the nose wheel well this will sounds whenever the IRS switches are not in the OFF position and the aircraft is only on battery power you should switch off the IRS system when there is no AC power available .  The 737 has no battery discharging sound. 

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Sorry because of my english seems to be too poor and I can not express correctly what I want to tell. I am refering to the first ambient sound you hear when you switch the batteries on. I can not hear that sound since I have installed the v4 version of the 737. I am not talking about the alert sound that starts when you are in the plane, some minutes, with batteries and do not connect the ground power. 

2 hours ago, Agustin Castro said:

Sorry because of my english seems to be too poor and I can not express correctly what I want to tell. I am refering to the first ambient sound you hear when you switch the batteries on. I can not hear that sound since I have installed the v4 version of the 737. I am not talking about the alert sound that starts when you are in the plane, some minutes, with batteries and do not connect the ground power. 

Check your sound device settings in Windows and the sim. This is a compatibility only update, so we made no changes that would cause what you're seeing. 

Kyle Rodgers